I want to get rid of amp feedback and amp hiss on my 5150, my friend says the NS-2 will do the job. Which is better?
Both will do the job...the ISP is just more transparent. I've had the ISP and the NS2...the only reason I still have and recommend the NS2 is because you can do the X pattern with it...you have to pony up the extra dough for the g-string version of the ISP to do that. Since you're asking between the g-string and the NS2, I'm assuming you don't mind spending the extra money. Get the ISP...hands down.
it's a lot less obvious it's on.

i haven't tried the g-string, but based on the bog standard decimator, i'd say the decimator is better but dearer. It's pretty much a budget thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
When compared side by side with no other factors, the ISP beats the Boss into the ground, no questions.

However, when economics come into the equation, then you have a problem. While the G String is a better noise reductor, it also costs more than twice as much as the Boss.

It's about $250 new. I got my NS-2 in mint, and I mean mint, untouched condition used for $50. So there really is no contest. If I'm ever rich I'll get a G String... but I'm not, and neither are most musicians.

For the average guitarist, the NS-2 is more than enough. I have one, and have it hooked up in the X pattern, and I love it. It does exactly what I need it to, and it does it very well.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X

I found the ns2 did very little (other than cut pedal noise) if you didn't use the x-pattern, but it worked pretty well for cutting amp noise if you used the x-pattern.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 5, 2010,
it's doing both. follow that diagram and it should work (it worked for me anyway).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?