I'm looking into getting the Ibanez Jem7v... my main concern is that playing a signature guitar such as the Jem will make me look too much like a Vai fanboy. I love Vai, but i don't want to copy him. I just love the sound you can get from a 7v.

For the guitarists out there, do you judge people if they're playing a signature guitar?

And another quick question: i recently heard about the Suhr Modern... is it comparable to the 7v? I play a lot of Satriani and Blues Saraceno type things... lots of delay, reverb, and distortion/overdrive, highly blues influenced. My current guitar is an American Deluxe Tele, so classic blues, classic rock, funk, and jazz is already covered.

Thanks!
Last edited by ElectricMan5 at Aug 5, 2010,
you wont look like a vai fanboy playing a jem, theyre good guitars.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I'd definitely look into Suhr, Anderson, Vigier, Caparison and such before you spend that amount of money. Try them all, see which is best for you.

Also, Ibanez J Custom line is ****ing awesome, a notch up from the 7V.
Quote by Twitch Galvy
I'd definitely look into Suhr, Anderson, Vigier, Caparison and such before you spend that amount of money. Try them all, see which is best for you.

Also, Ibanez J Custom line is ****ing awesome, a notch up from the 7V.

What are the general differences between those guitars?
The Jem is about as much of a signature guitar as the Les Paul is. You'll be fine.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ElectricMan5
What are the general differences between those guitars?

If you ask that, I seriously doubt you're gonna buy one. All in all they're high end guitars of formidable quality, you can't go wrong with either.. it's what you prefer
Quote by Twitch Galvy
If you ask that, I seriously doubt you're gonna buy one. All in all they're high end guitars of formidable quality, you can't go wrong with either.. it's what you prefer

I'm new to buying/comparing guitars :P only comparison i've really made was inbetween an american deluxe strat and an american deluxe tele. I suppose you can make these guitars sound exactly as you want them to, so it's all about the feel and looks.
yep at that point its all preference

BTW many many people own JEMs that aren't fans of steve vai..a JEM is an iconic guitar and a superb instrument...just like the les paul
no you won`t look like a vai fanboy (whilst i like ste`s music i like the Jem for what it does for my music `cos that`s more important to me) who cares what other people think you are anyway...only self centered chavs with no dreams in life.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 5, 2010,