So my girlfriend of one year has recently ditched me. She said that the 'spark' had gone out but I know for certain that she left me for another guy as she is in a relationship with him now. She says we should just stay friends and I want that too because I couldn't live without her in my life; I consider her my best friend. The problem, however, is that I can't stand seeing her with her new fella. It makes me queazy looking at them together. I want to hang with her but it is painful to do so. So I put forward a question to The Pit: What do I do?

TL;DR - I still want to be friends with my ex but I hate her new bloke. What to do?
Hoof Hearted
Well if you wanna be friends, do it. It's probably gonna turn into you waiting for her to break up with the new guy so you can try to get back with her, though. Which isn't likely.
Friending an ex = Bad idea, especially if you still love her.

Break any contact you had with her.

"My life goes only in one direction: Forward"
-Don Draper
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Did you join just to ask this?
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
Advice from my drumline instructor, "Sometimes you just gotta bag a bitch."

Basically means forget her. If she's not interested in you, why should you be interested in her?
I know that if they do break up, she is going to want me to pick up the pieces. But I don't think I could get back with her. I can't trust her not to do it again.
Hoof Hearted
Relationship thread will be able to help you with this, but quick advice: Try to hang out with her when she's not with her new boyfriend. It always sucks to see your ex with a new guy after she breaks up with you, but there's really not much you can do about that. You can't just tell her to not hang out with her boyfriend, but you can ask her to hang out with you sometime without him.
Sail upon the open skies
Forget her and him, sounds crazy atm but you can forget anyone given enough time and will. You'll be better off in the end, believe me.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
kill them all then take it to relationship thread
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
I'm sorry for your situation but there is a Relationship thread in the Pit that you're supposed to use.