Poll: Do you give blood?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you give blood?
I have donated and will continue to donate.
68 22%
I used to donate but I don't any more (state why)
25 8%
I don't donate but I want to/will in the future.
147 48%
I have no interest in giving blood.
69 22%
Voters: 309.
Page 1 of 6
Just wondering if any of you here donate blood?

I don't, I have in the past but I get a lot of tattoos and the NHS don't want my blood until I go without getting inked for a year

So what about you guise?
I would love to. I was so excited to become seventeen and donate but sadly i don't weigh enough for it. Ill have to wait a while!
Twice a year, every year since I'm 18. (I'm 23 now).

It's my duty as a citizen.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
NEVER!!! My bloods all mine! (plus i doubt they'd want blood thats got aids)
I have a couple times, which makes me indifferent about not doing it anymore.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I donated ONCE and those bastards would call me at, like, 6am on a freakin' Sunday. I was interrupted having sex because I was actually expecting an important call - forget what, maybe a sick relative that's now dead or something - and it's THEM!!!

That was the last straw.

I said, "Look, it's 6am on a Sunday and I have a BIG FRIGGIN' BONOR!! You know WHY I have a big friggin' bonor?!!"

"Why?"

"BECAUSE I'M HAVING SEX, BITCH!!"

Okay, maybe it was a little less dramatic, but something along those lines. Now I feel like it is doing my part to control the population.

Having sex: increasing population.
Not giving blood: decreasing population.

It balances out. Very Zen.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

I tried to once, but I had excema on my arm where they put the needle so they couldn't take it for fear of it getting inflamed by the sterilizer they were using.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
I can't stand needles. I nearly pass out when the doctors do a blood test on me, and that's only a couple of ounces.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I would, but I get nervous at the very thought of being near a needle. Oh, god, the horror.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
I've done it twice at my school's blood drives, but now that I'm graduated, it depends on how close a center is to me if I donate again or not.
Side note to all the Men reading this, you actually lower your risk of a heart attack, myocardial infarction if you donate blood. Sorry Ladies, your period does that.
No I dont donate blood and dont plan to, but I use to donate plasma for extra cash.
I donate whenever possible. Blood has to be tested before stored, and then it's only stored for about 3 months before discarded.

People who rush to donate blood when natural disasters hit are too late. It takes quite a period of time to screen all the donations for diseases. Therefore I donate whenever I can so there's at least one bag of blood ready for someone. I'm O+, so everyone can take my blood.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I don't, I want to.... drawing blood for testing or donations makes me feel ill.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I did once. My high school was doing a blood drive, and I had forgot to do my algebra homework, so I volunteered to get an extension since it was the same time as algebra...

Got a cookie and Sun Drop!
Quote by zgr0826
I can't stand needles. I nearly pass out when the doctors do a blood test on me, and that's only a couple of ounces.

This thread was sparked by my temp work I'm doing archiving blood donor forms for an NHS blood bank, one of the reasons for permanent withdrawl of a girl's donation application was "donor was very nervous, began shaking and crying when she saw the needle. I informed her she did not have to donate. Donor was relieved. Permanent withdrawl"

Quote by bpg2221
No I dont donate blood and dont plan to, but I use to donate plasma for extra cash.

Where are you from? you don't get paid to donate here.
Quote by MakinLattes
no, I can't.

How come? Where you the one they didn't let donate because of piercings, or am I confusing you with someone else?
I would, my 0+ is some great stuph, but apparently, for some reason, they won't have mine since I've got type 1 diabetes.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by TheQuailman
How come? Where you the one they didn't let donate because of piercings, or am I confusing you with someone else?

edit: I mean, because they have rules that say I can't.

and you're probably confused.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Aug 5, 2010,
Quote by SEALSniper1152
i do donate blood, just not MY blood...

This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Gave blood for the first time in March. I gave doubles I also found out my blood type when they sent me a donor card in the mail.
This is my signature... And yes this is the most original thing... ever.
Gear:
Guitars
Epiphone Dot
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG2EX1

Amps
Roland Cube 30X

Pedals
DOD FX25-B Envelope Filter
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Big Muff Pi
Quote by bpg2221

If you donate plasma for drug and/or alcohol money, you get f'd up quicker!

That's a frikkin' good deal, man!

Quote by TheQuailman

There's loads of reasons you can't donate. If you ever had a blood transfusion you can't do it, (they never used to HIV check it), using needle drugs, having gay sex or having sex with someone who's had gay sex (total bullshit but whatever), having tattoos or piercings gives you a year ban, low haemoglobin gives you a few months to recover ban, also if you've ever had a transplant or had cancer or any other serious disease.
My dad used to give blood, but he can't anymore for medical reasons. I was going to pick up the slack and start donating instead of him, but I haven't gotten around to it. Mainly because every time I'm going to I get sick.

But I feel bad about. I'll do it soon.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Used to, but got ill for a while so I haven't done it in months. I'll probably start doing it again next month.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i do whenever the red cross is on campus or whenever they call me. i never really seek them out though unless they're where i am or if they call me asking to donate.

i do love to donate though! i always do the "double red" donation where they take twice as much. because i'm a manly badass.
#DTWD
If your IQ is above 120 you should donate semen.

In the grand scheme I think that's a better plan.