I went to see Killswitch Engage at Music as a weapon 4 (5?) with Disturbed back a couple years ago when I started playing bass. I bought two of Killswitchs Albums and listneed to them a couple times. I recently listened again. I now realize that Metalcore isn't that great. I can't stand the screamy shit. I'm the kind of person who likes everything (except country) from Ska to Death metal. But I can't stand metal core.
So what do you all think about metal core?
PS. Can someone tell me how to make a signature for Forum posts?
killswitch and disturbed arent metalcore. bands like Underoath and August Burns Red are.
and i love "the screamy shit"
long live the br00tal breakdown
I used to listen to it quite a bit, not so much anymore, although I have nothing against it.

Also, go to "Control Panel" it should be under the thread name.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
Quote by incarnation

Also, go to "Control Panel" it should be under the thread name.

Thanks, I figured it out after posting! XD
My momma says there's alotta black peope in Africa.
Quote by Ynaitheswimmer
Killswitch is metal core. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killswitch_Engage
I realize that disturbed isn't metal core. I'm not an idiot. I probably will be deleting this thread because I read the Sticky after posting. >.>

Wikipedia is hardly the most credible source

KSE is metal, not metalcore.
Wait, am I still in the metal forum? I have the feeling I entered the new "Stoopid" forum.
Uhm, anyway, TS, do tell. What are your favourite death metal bands?

Quote by Amaseng

Laughed heartily.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
i like all music except country too :O but pretty much the only rap i can stand is cypress hill . back on topic, i like metalcore, but it's become waaaay to generic and it's just become dominated by faggy scene kids. and no matter what anyone else says, deathcore is good
Originally posted by licitanarchy
I will love you forever for your wonderous help. Is there any chance you can come rape me toight, or are you busy?
Deathcore is the bi product of scene kids getting into Cannibal Corpse..........
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Riffmast
Deathcore is the bi product of scene kids getting into Cannibal Corpse..........

wrong, deathcore is the bi product of at the gates kids getting into suffocation
I will love you forever for your wonderous help. Is there any chance you can come rape me toight, or are you busy?
blasphemy!
Quote by caleb69
wrong, deathcore is the bi product of at the gates kids getting into suffocation

I did'nt realize At The Gates had a whole sub culture........and yes most of thoose bands do a terrible job of ripping off Suffo as well.But it is a movement from the hot topic shopping,trendy,scene side of things rather then the underground.
Quote by Steve08

Yeah its not really fair to blame it on Hardcore,since real hardcore has nothing to do with it.It's basically just taking the most common and easily executed ideas from past trends in metal,and putting them together and making it more accessible and poppy. Old school Metalcore like Botch was more a straight fusion between Metal and Hardcore.Bands need to start playing in that style more imo.
Quote by Steve08

fuuuck i haven't listened to botch in that long
Quote by caleb69

This is literally the worst thing I've ever read

Quote by Amaseng

So is this
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by ctfod at Aug 5, 2010,
i hate purists
Yeah, we're all elitist cunts, etc etc.

Better leave before we get to you.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by caleb69

So Deathcore is the by-product of Melodic Death Metal kids getting into Brutal Death Metal?

Makes perfect sense.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Deathcore is a by-product of Jews getting into Palestine
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by ctfod
This is literally the worst thing I've ever read

the liner notes for suicide season are the worst thing ive ever read
Quote by duncang

Deady's plan for world domination is slowly being revealed.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by caleb69
the liner notes for suicide season are the worst thing ive ever read

The fact that you must have bought Suicide Season to read the liner notes tells us something about the validity of your opinion. Or rather, the invalidity of it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
i didn't buy it, i listened to it at a mates place
Quote by duncang

Alright, I think people here realize that I don't have a problem with self-depricating humour, but I resent that!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
^Oi, you, finish your missing review, you're holding up the countdown!

Rahh.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Sent.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by Amaseng

Oh wait, he's serious
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA