i'm having a small problem with my Fast Track Pro. i've installed the latest drivers and installed the hardware. it all runs fine on Cubase 5 with the M Audio Asio but nothing outside of Cubase plays.

i looked at the sound settings in Control Panel but it says the Playback is set to S/Pdif which is apparantly the Fast Track Pro.

i've tried turning it on before starting the system up, after the system's loaded, etc. But when i try to play something on itunes or Windows Media Player it doesn't play, it says it's playing but the timeline isn't moving and no audio comes out.

Any help is appreciated!
OK what operating system are you running? This is easy in Vista, but I dunno about XP or whatever. Also I use Reaper and not Cubase but the same (or similar) principles should apply.

I assume you're using the phono outs rather than the SPDIF outs? If so, then when you aren't using Cubase, set your audio device by right clicking the speaker icon on the far right of the start bar and click playback devices. From there select the M-Audio phono out as the default. Run Windows Media player and it should hopefully work.

Now, before I use Reaper, I have to change the default sound device in Windows to my laptop's own speakers, so Reaper can use the Fast Track. This may be the case for Cubase too, I can't remember.

I just know that in my experience DAWs tend to take complete control of the relevant sound card to make most efficient use of it, so this may be what is happening to you, or something similar. Play around with it, if it's still an issue I'll try to help some more
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Cool, glad it worked

I know this frustrated me to hell when I first tried to sort it out, even the second time round, lol.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
They should put something about it in the Quick Start guide!

Also whenever i tried to use Guitar Pro it kept saying something about Midi ports not working, this solved that too !

Edit: What about if you want to play along to something? i've tried opening up Amplitube to play along to something in my itunes library but it just played feedback and crashed.

Any ideas?
Last edited by Afroboy267 at Aug 5, 2010,
Import the song into Cubase and open Amplitube as a plugin in Cubase?
Quote by Liberation
Yeah, i guess that could work. Seems like a bit of a pain in the ass though.

Oh well, noone ever said £135 will get you everything!

Cheers