Im looking for some good pedals that have extreme gain and are good for death metal and etc. I have been recommended Digitech LiveWire TL-2 Distortions or whatever they are called and Ive been trying to check out Boss Metal Zones.
http://www.lovepedal.com/pedals/redhead.html

The all new RedHead!
Introducing a flexible high gain monster of a pedal.

Experience a pedal about to explode. Effortless feedback generation. Incredible gain and amazing tone. Controlable MIDS in high gain applications. Plug in and rev her up.

THEY LIED TO MEEEEEEEEEEE

not my fault the budget isn't in the op. am awaaaaaaay

contribution edit:

DOD American Metal. my one true love pedal.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
http://www.lovepedal.com/pedals/redhead.html

The all new RedHead!
Introducing a flexible high gain monster of a pedal.

Experience a pedal about to explode. Effortless feedback generation. Incredible gain and amazing tone. Controlable MIDS in high gain applications. Plug in and rev her up.

THEY LIED TO MEEEEEEEEEEE

not my fault the budget isn't in the op. am awaaaaaaay

contribution edit:

DOD American Metal. my one true love pedal.

you could read the posts
Quote by stykerwolf
you could read the posts

budget's supposed to be in the op. it wasn't there.

warning: claude's panties in a bunch today. warning.

DOD AMERICAN METAL.

I like the DOD Grind pedal too. But, it's got only a couple of good sounds along with a lot of awesomely bad ones.

LMAO
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by AcousticMirror

DOD AMERICAN METAL.

I like the DOD Grind pedal too. But, it's got only a couple of good sounds along with a lot of awesomely bad ones.

what? since when?
Last edited by stykerwolf at Aug 5, 2010,
ok! I think the op should get a 6505 combo and a schecter!

vat i do vith my other hand iz none of your business
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Aug 5, 2010,
Boss MD-2 is a cheap option. The independant top and bottom tone knobs are great for getting a good metal tones.

I think they're discontinued now but you pick one up off ebay for about £40
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Fr
Peavey 6505+ 112
Last edited by mikey_360 at Aug 5, 2010,
Yeah it is pretty tinny, but I like that sound for hard metal for some reason. Maybe another option would be an EH Metal Muff, top boosting for leads, with an MXR 10 band shaping it and adding some gain.
Quote by Rocknawe
I'm a fan of the MXR Fullbore Metal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9acls6zx50c

You must also be a fan of people using wasp nests as amps... The demo of that sounds like crap and PGS usually has good sound demos. Comments don't sound too promising, either...

TS, keep your eyes out for used pedals. You can find great deals.
Fullbore Metal is terrible, the TL2 is terrible, the Metalcore is terrible...

Pretty much anything that you can buy at GC that is labeled as "metal" is going to sound like shit stock.

Send that Metalzone in for a Keeley treatment, and you'll never want another high gain pedal again. Keeley's and Monte Allum's mods for the MT2 are the best.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Or you could use an Overdrive from your amp and boost, not horrid tone from some piece of junk pedal....
Quote by Jaredmkl
Or you could use an Overdrive from your amp and boost, not horrid tone from some piece of junk pedal....

Or, if he doesn't have:

a) a tube amp
b) a high gain tube amp
c) a high gain amp in general
d) an amp that will actually let the overdrive be used how its supposed to

...then it won't really make a difference. Even the best overdrive won't turn a dimed Fender Twin Reverb into a high gain metal monster. Which is obviously what he's looking for.

Have you ever played a Keeley modded Metalzone? It doesn't sound like a cheap pedal.
It actually sounds good.

Usually I'd agree with you. But if you don't have a high gain amp, or a high gain tube amp at that (to make the OD actually worth something), then the most you can get is thrash at best.
--

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Aug 5, 2010,
The boss metal zone is crap, while the metal core is good for a good trebly(in a good way) high gain. I.e. Entombed
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Quote by handbanana
The boss metal zone is crap, while the metal core is good for a good trebly(in a good way) high gain. I.e. Entombed

Keeley mod! Keeley mod!
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
Or, if he doesn't have:

a) a tube amp
b) a high gain tube amp

...then it won't really make a difference. Even the best overdrive won't turn a dimed Fender Twin Reverb into a high gain metal monster. Which is obviously what he's looking for.

Have you ever played a Keeley modded Metalzone? It doesn't sound like a cheap pedal.
It actually sounds good.

Usually I'd agree with you. But if you don't have a high gain amp, or a high gain tube amp at that (to make the OD actually worth something), then the most you can get is thrash at best.

i can turn a twin reverb into a gainy pos. dare me.
Dude most "metal" distortion pedal are crap. Maxxon OD 9+ through that peavey amp of yours, and your set!
Keeley mod! Keeley mod!

Looked it up. It just added a little warmth to pedal. Still purrty bad sounding...
Quote by AcousticMirror
i can turn a twin reverb into a gainy pos. dare me.

8 ODs don't count Min
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
Or, if he doesn't have:

a) a tube amp
b) a high gain tube amp

It actually sounds good.

there's a demo of a boosted Twin Reverb in my laptop, it's not 5150 at 10 level gain, but it's still something that makes you go "woah that's a twin reverb what the heck?"