about 30 minutes ago, my Bose In-Ear headphones stopped working properly. the left side ear piece remains silent unless i hold the chord and put pressure on the connection on the input jack...and it's just my luck they would break a few days before i go on vacation

i was planning on buying a new set of Bose headsets cause, honestly, i really liked them. but who knows, maybe there's something out there that's even better for the same price.

any suggestions for some good headphones at around $100 or less?

thanks

EDIT: comfort is a MUST. these bose headphones were the most comfortable headphones i've ever worn in my life.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Aug 5, 2010,
HD 435s for me, very good price/quality ratio. But then it depends what you're looking for, in-ears will get very expensive when you want good bass responsiveness, over-ears are going to get expensive if you want high responsiveness in the higher frequencies...
Wanted to play Bass, but then developed conscious thought...
I use Skull Candy earbuds. I can be pretty rough with my headphones, and I learned that the hard way with a nice BOSE set

IMO Skull Candie's are well made, durable, and have suprising sound quality for their price range. My earbuds cost me about $45 and I dont feel bad when I have to replace them.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
I use Klipsch Image S2's. They're really nice, and I think mine were only like 50 bucks. There are also S4's, which are supposedly even better, but they cost around $80, I think.
i already have a pair of HD 280 Pro, so as far as over-hear headphones go, i'm good.

i want a pair of in-ear's for mobility.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799
i already have a pair of HD 280 Pro, so as far as over-hear headphones go, i'm good.

i want a pair of in-ear's for mobility.

I use B+W P5s for on the move- those are on ear headphones and they really do the job. Well out of your price range, but it just goes to show that mobility isn't limited to the (sonically limited) in ear market.
I use Sony MDR-V6's and I like them fine. I think I'd like something with a richer sound though, but I know very little about headphones.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Let's get you some hifi headphones instead of that Bose rubbish.

A few major questions
:
What kind of music do you like?
Open back/closed back? On ear/In ear/Over ear?

i listen to rock/metal for the most part (as of now i'm on BTBAM and Rush) i'm sure w/e headphones can suit rock/metal will be fine for w/e classical or hip-hop i put on every once in a while.

as i said, i'm looking for in-ears. and as far as open/closed back go, i wouldn't care either way, w/e sounds better. i like bass in my headphones though, so whichever option can put out the most bass...i'm all for it.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I use B+W P5s for on the move- those are on ear headphones and they really do the job. Well out of your price range, but it just goes to show that mobility isn't limited to the (sonically limited) in ear market.

i understand, but when i carry my ipod around and am not listening to my music, i like to put everything in my pocket, it's just a habit thing. i've walked around with over the ear headphones before...i just find it annoying
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799
i listen to rock/metal for the most part (as of now i'm on BTBAM and Rush) i'm sure w/e headphones can suit rock/metal will be fine for w/e classical or hip-hop i put on every once in a while.

as i said, i'm looking for in-ears. and as far as open/closed back go, i wouldn't care either way, w/e sounds better. i like bass in my headphones though, so whichever option can put out the most bass...i'm all for it.

So something with a good balance- you don't want to lose the detail when it comes to classical. Shure SE102s have that kind of tonality. The UK price is £75, but I don't know how that would translate to the US market, as a simple conversion isn't always anywhere near close to correct.

i understand, but when i carry my ipod around and am not listening to my music, i like to put everything in my pocket, it's just a habit thing. i've walked around with over the ear headphones before...i just find it annoying

Putting it in your pocket is most likely why the cab;e got buggered at the jack.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
So something with a good balance- you don't want to lose the detail when it comes to classical. Shure SE102s have that kind of tonality. The UK price is £75, but I don't know how that would translate to the US market, as a simple conversion isn't always anywhere near close to correct.

Putting it in your pocket is most likely why the cab;e got buggered at the jack.

yea i know, still...old habits die hard.

and the SE102's don't look comfortable at all to be honest and are rated just as well as the Bose on Cnet =/
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799
yea i know, still...old habits die hard.

and the SE102's don't look comfortable at all to be honest and are rated just as well as the Bose on Cnet =/

They do look weird, granted. But they fit great. And don't go by online reviews. Ever. They're often done by people still in the "honeymoon" period or by magazines who give higher ratings to the brands that pay for more advertising. I spend 40 hours a week around hifi. Not a lot of people come into the shop, so I have plenty of time to test things. A major point is that speakers/cables/headphones etc actually sound better once they've been run in/burned in. Which a lot of reviews don't take into account. I do this for a living and pride myself on giving a fair chance to products. Mainly because I have nothing better to do with my working time.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
They do look weird, granted. But they fit great. And don't go by online reviews. Ever. They're often done by people still in the "honeymoon" period or by magazines who give higher ratings to the brands that pay for more advertising. I spend 40 hours a week around hifi. Not a lot of people come into the shop, so I have plenty of time to test things. A major point is that speakers/cables/headphones etc actually sound better once they've been run in/burned in. Which a lot of reviews don't take into account. I do this for a living and pride myself on giving a fair chance to products. Mainly because I have nothing better to do with my working time.

good to know, thanks

my problem is that i love to try before i buy. i absolutely hate buying something without having researched it for hours or at least tried it out once for myself. with headphones, i feel i can't really do that which is why i look towards online reviews for guidance.

do you have any experience with AKG headphones? i looked at them before i got the Bose headsets and liked what they had. are they anything close to what i may be looking for?
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799
good to know, thanks

my problem is that i love to try before i buy. i absolutely hate buying something without having researched it for hours or at least tried it out once for myself. with headphones, i feel i can't really do that which is why i look towards online reviews for guidance.

I know what you mean. I generally don't rate in-ears so I don't have that problem- I just find them too sonically limiting, certainly on the bass end of things (tiny speakers can only push so much air). I'm not sure what online/distance selling reulations your country has, but in the UK, you have a grace period to send back an item, even if used.

EDIT: I like AKG. I do listen to rock/metal and some classical and they didn't do too badly- I tested the AKG K319s. Not quite enough detail for me on those though.