Hi, I want to purchase a new set for earphones for my ipod touch, I'm tired of the standard ipod headphones and I'm looking at buying Bose in-ear headphones as an upgrade. Can anyone who owns/owned a pair of these give me a review. Are they worth the $90usd? Any other earphone recommendations for under $100usd.

Sorry if this has been posted, I used the search bar but didn't find a specific thread about Bose in-ear headphoes.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
they're great sounding headphones in my opinion. very heavy on the bass (for in-ear's that's a good thing), and very comfortable.

it's a shame mine broke not an hour ago =/

i might buy another pair though, i liked them a lot.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Bose is overrated. I refuse to sell them.

Get yourself a pair of Sennheiser CX300-II Precisions. Well below your price bracket and unless you're using lossless files on your iPod, you don't need to spend that much- you just won't get the benefit. And that's coming from someone who has next to no hearing in one of his ears.
Quote by Enihs
ive got skull candy, and im satisfied with them.

SkullCandy's are notorious for breaking extremely quickly. I don't know anyone who has had the in-ear $20 skullcandys (Maybe it's just the cheap ones) for more then a month or two at most. They always lose audio in one ear or both.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Get yourself a pair of Sennheiser CX300-II Precisions. Well below your price bracket and unless you're using lossless files on your iPod, you don't need to spend that much- you just won't get the benefit. And that's coming from someone who has next to no hearing in one of his ears.

This. You can go wrong with sennhisers.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Quote by Ghast
SkullCandy's are notorious for breaking extremely quickly. I don't know anyone who has had the in-ear $20 skullcandys (Maybe it's just the cheap ones) for more then a month or two at most. They always lose audio in one ear or both.

SkullCandy is lifestyle, not hifi. Great looking (if that's your thing), but you can get much better sounding units with much better build quality.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Get yourself a pair of Sennheiser CX300-II Precisions.

I own these, and rate them highly. They have different inner ear flange sizes that come with the headphones, so even a guy like me with odd-sized ears can get a good fit. Musically, they are very good. I have not had any cause to complain. Also, with them in you get about a 5-10 dB drop in ambient noise. They are worth it.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by Ghast

ive had mine over 3 months and they still work great!
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
I like the Sennheiser cx300 but I really hate asymmetrical cables. Anyone know of a brand with good quality with regular cables? Maybe around 20-30 bucks on amazon?
I'm in the TS's shoes too. I'll be taking advice from this thread rather than make a new one. What's the different between the cx300, cx280, and the cx200? Are the lower numbers just older models?
Quote by guitar4life24

Sennheisers are usually a good choice. I've never used their in-ears, but my experience with their headphones has been great. And do not get skull candy. They are trash.
Quote by Enihs
ive got skull candy, and im satisfied with them.

then you obviously haven't tried any quality headphones. I have bose in ear ones. love em, worth every penny.
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
is bose regular cables?

bleh nvm, way too expensive even on amazon. Still looking for good quality headphones for around 30 bucks on amazon
Last edited by CoffeeBeans at Aug 6, 2010,
Bose uses very cheap, low quality wiring that can break easily. Not as bad as Skullcandy, still far worse than Sennheiser though. Go with Sennheisers IMO.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by Deliriumbassist

This.

I have a pair of these and they've been great.

Bose are overpriced and not that great.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
klipsch(sp?) I think are great for in ear. I liked em. Like 75 bucks, and they were pretty compfy. But I returned em so I could get some qc15's by Bose.