...Or is it? What I'm looking for, my good GG&A'ers, is a good amp for Thrash Metal, along the lines of Evile, Gama Bomb, Whiplash, etc. I will be gigging with it, so it needs to be up to it. While I don't have it now, I'm willing to spend $1,000 - $2,000 USD for it, but I'll go higher if the amp's worth it.
So, any suggestions?

EDIT: I'm also willing to go used
Last edited by darkwolf291 at Aug 5, 2010,
Mesa's are the cat's pajamas. Sweet, sweet amplification. Totally in your range too.

If you want gain out of your ears.....Check out a 6505 or 6505+

I havent heard the 6534 yet, so i cant comment on it. However, being a Peavy man, I feel strangley compelled. I know that Marshalls and peavys dont match up well tone wise. But for the genre, I'd say its a comfortable bet that you can get all the gain youll ever need out of a Peavey 6505+
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
I'm not familiar with those bands but if you want to sound like slayerish then go 800+ boost and eq as mentioned. If you're more interested in a more modern voice then a Mesa or 6505 can't go wrong. The dual rec and 6505 are both gain *****s, the 6505 is a little tighter.
Guitars
Amps
don't beat around the bush and just buy a soldano superleadoverdrive. problem solved.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer