Hi guys!
Thanks to your help, i decided to buy a Schecter Tempest Standard. So now the obvius thing remains... to buy my first electric!
On the schecters website as dealers there are listed the usual GC, MF, Music123, but also proguitarshop and drumcityguitarland. I knew proguitar from their youtube channel, and i browsed dcgl for their cool pics of their inventory.
I dont live in the US, so i have no experience with none of the listed. I plan a friend of mine to get it and bring it with him on the way back. So i kinda have a one go at this and i want to do it right from the first time, no returns no nothing. I've read a lot of mixed reviews, so here is my question:
Is it bettet to order 1.it from GC, ship it to the closest gc, have my friend check it out(he dont know anything about guitars btw or 2.order it from dcgl or proguitarshop and pray to god.
Also i plan on ordering a hardshell case, probably the schecter one and ship the guitar inside. I know in dcgl they check and setup your guitar so i think its safe to order from there but i would still like to hear more opinions. Thanks
dcgl is a very good place. especially for schecters. they get in prototypes from schecter and try to sell through there, so if you are looking for a schecter, thats the place to get it from. also, did you even try this guitar out? how do you know that you'll even like the feel or sound of it? cause there's a lot of people that hate them or they love them. so you have to try it out first.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Well no... but since i'm beginer and this is my first electric. I've seen a lots of videos about the c1 and tempest standards and proguiarshop have two videos with very good audio, and i like them a lot(since i can compare them to only a few pickups). I've read reviews and i know they have wider necks, so i dont really see a problem with that. I understand your concern, but i'm sure i'd like it since my only guitar is an beatup noname, bent neck acoustic in a way this will be my first guitar, i'll get used to it
ok, then i say go for it. its a very solid guitar. good quality too.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
ok, then i say go for it. its a very solid guitar. good quality too.

Yeah i really like the guitar, if i could i'd get the custom model but for the 150$ i save i plan to buy an amp.
So +1 for dcgl
I wouldn't buy the tempest if you haven't played one yet (I'm sure you have and you like it though) But I played one at GC and it was horrible. The neck was cheap, frets were way too high (like an acoustic) and the bolt on neck (don't know if the standard has this) but it was just way too thick at the bottom.

But if you like it, get it can't stop you there.
No matter what check and make sure the place is an authorized Schecter dealer or your warranty is void You can check on Schecter's website

that's the only info I have for ya
You should also check out the Damien series. The Hellraiser is a great guitar too. I am a beginner as well, and I own a Schecter Damien Special and have played many Hellraisers before. It's your call though.
I know this sounds bad, but if there is no return policy youre doing yourself a huge disfavor.

Since you've never played electric, why not just get one from your local shop until you're really comfortable? You REALLY need to play a guitar before you buy it. I don't recommend this choice of action.

... of course, this could end up turning out great and you end up with a good guitar-- but I would never do what you're doing.
Sorry this is not optimistic info, I'm just devil advocating.
: )
Advice for beginner: try before you buy! since its your first, you dont exactly know what you want in a guitar yet. What if the neck is too thin? or too thick? What if the neck is too dry?

As you play more and get more experience, youll know what you want and then you can take dives (buying on ebay/online etc etc).
I know you're right guys, but the nearest official schecter dealer is 200miles away and i don't know if they have it in stock. I'll search some more but if i can't find one, i'll buy the epiphone lp traditional pro(they have the standard here, the pro has the same neck but sanded) since its a safer bet.
Btw the tempest is set neck, and since its neck is "like an acoustic" i'd probably like it. I've never played jacksons or RGs so i wouldn't complain.
But thanks a lot guys, i'll see if i can find some schecters
just call around ur local music shops and try one out and if u like it get it. and if uve already tried one out then u can always get one on musicians friend
Fender Standard Strat MIM->Crybaby Wah->Digitech Bad Monkey->Expandora EXP-2000->Peavey Vypr 30/Peavey Classic 20

"The future is unwritten,"-Joe Strummer