Hey guys

Can anybody recommend a decent 7 string, for roughly around "£250 - £450". Looking into playing such things as KoRn, Meshuggah and Unearth.
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
I haven't as the Guitar shops near me don't sell any , but I like the sound of the Ibanez with their thin necks.
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

RIP Dime
Trem or no trem? if you are looking for a trem then id say Ibanez s7420, prices were about £520 last time I looked but it may well have changed since... If fixed bridge is prefferable then maybe a Ibanez RGA7 or ltd sc-207 or maybe even go mental and get an 8, the Ibby rga8 looks rather nice!

Id have suggested Schecter but you seem to like the idea of a slim fast neck rather than the tree trunk the schecter likes.

Edit: indeed the price for the S7240 has changed, its cheaper at £498 from Thomman.de. Thats what id get!
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Last edited by halikus at Aug 6, 2010,
I would prefer a non-trem. I don't think i would want an 8 string, think thats a bit too much for me. If you have suggestions for Schetcer aswell I'd have alook, but i would sort of prefer a slim neck for my little hands .
Quote by Tango616

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

RIP Dime
I just picked up a used MIJ RG7621 for around £400, not bad considering the new Korean 7321s are around that mark...

Neck is a dream to play and the general fit and finish is superb so Id recommended something along those lines.

Theres a guy selling a Jackson COW 7 string in the Gear Ads section, very nice axe and right in your budget. Only thing is its a one pickup setup, so maybe not ideal if you need warm neck tones.
Thanks for all your suggestions guys. I think i'm gonna go with the Ibanez RGA7, looks very nice and sounds great. If anybody has any more sugeestions please post away
Quote by Tango616

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

RIP Dime