I've gotten pretty into learning Spanish and am starting to enjoy Spanish music. So far, that consists of solely Juanes. Any recommendations? I'm open to most all styles.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Vicente Fernandez, you will not regret.

edit; also Los Tigres Del Norte are really good too.
Last edited by Tag43 at Aug 5, 2010,
If you liked Juanes, check out Andres Cepeda and, if you don't already know them, Maná.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Chceck Mike Patton's "Mondo Cane" - 22 covers of old spanish songs. Awesome masterpiece. I saw him on gig few days ago - the best live music experience I ever had.
Soda Stereo? Argentinian Spanish, but Spanish non-the-less.

Ok, they are kinda old but it's still rock.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

not technically spanish, but check Rodriguez y Gabriel out
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
ok awesome...thanks! I'll be checking them out tonight and tomorrow.
Haha, Juanes was introduced to me at school when we were "analyzing" A Dios Le Pido, then I got the CD from my teacher. School ended before I could get some recommendations from him.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Mariachi Vargas are incredible. My mariachi group made a lot of money when we played their arrangements of songs at restaurants last year.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Shredx
not technically spanish, but check Rodriguez y Gabriel out

I'm sure you mean Rodrigo y Gabriela.

To clarify, TS, I think you mean either latin music or music in Spanish. Spanish music means music from Spain.

I definitely recommend Rodrigo and Gabriela.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Aug 5, 2010,
Mana, Enanitos Verdes, Aleks Syntec, kumbia kings. The Mexican has spoken
What are some of your first jam experiences with a band?
We all couldn't stay in time and I ended up killing 4 people and a bass player.

White FC: 0948 2539 3696
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Check out Bola Sete, Paco de Lucia and Paco Pena if you're looking for guitarists in particular.
Los Caifanes, Los Jaguares, Mana, La Ley, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs, Molotov. How it took 18 posts to mention some of these bands is beyond me.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Last edited by psychokiller99 at Aug 5, 2010,
Los Del Rio or Elvis Crespo! olololololol
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Try out the "rock band" Mana, they are good they have everything from Rock, to flamenco, to regge.
Look up Mercedes Sosa. She is the Bob Dylan of Argentina.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Look up Mercedes Sosa. She is the Bob Dylan of Argentina.

Was
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by damian_91
Was

Ah, I know. I was super bummed when she passed away
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Let's see what haven't they mentioned... Raton Blanca, La Secta All Star, Aterciopelados, Cafe Tacuba, oh you should try Cultura Profetica, it's more reggae but it's a cool band.
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

Quote by Psalm 150:4
I've gotten pretty into learning Spanish and am starting to enjoy Spanish music. So far, that consists of solely Juanes. Any recommendations? I'm open to most all styles.

Deodato Mongo Santamaria
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by gonzaw
Serrat, La Oreja de van Gogh (I think); Sabina; David Bisbal, etc are all Spanish; although I think I'm missing some popular ones...

Gardel, the most controversial character of modern history.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
The Mars Volta??? I dont know if thats the spanish you were looking for...
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by damian_91
Gardel, the most controversial character of modern history.

No that was France; the universal controversial guy from Spain is Di Stefano (hell I forgot where he was initially from)...

Anyways if TS means songs in spanish, and not just songs from Spain he lots of songs and genres to choose from; it's like asking "Give me good english songs".
He can have dance-able songs, rock, metal, ska, reggae, cumbia, pop, flamenco, milongas, whatever...

Although I lol when people give him obscure mexican black metal bands of sorts (like that one time with the band with a very long name)
Quote by gonzaw
No that was France; the universal controversial guy from Spain is Di Stefano (hell I forgot where he was initially from)...

Anyways if TS means songs in spanish, and not just songs from Spain he lots of songs and genres to choose from; it's like asking "Give me good english songs".
He can have dance-able songs, rock, metal, ska, reggae, cumbia, pop, flamenco, milongas, whatever...

Although I lol when people give him obscure mexican black metal bands of sorts (like that one time with the band with a very long name)

Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Quote by damian_91
Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis?

Yeah that one
I remember there was one song that was like parasitonecrofagomortaldemexicoagudoyhepatico or something

Who the hell even listens to these guys? It's like listening to Stallagh, just in another language (hell if they even speak in their songs)
Heroes del Silencio is some pretty good Spanish rock. I just read an article about how there is interconnectedness between music and speech, maybe that's why Spanish music is so awesome. Total new and unfamiliar experience.
They've already been mentioned, but one of my friends is pretty into Maná. These are the songs I remember liking of theirs:
Te Llevaré Al Cielo
Como un Perro Enloquecido
Oye Mi Amor
Ángel de Amor
Clavado en un Bar
Corazon Espinado
Justicia, Tierra, y Libertad

I like these Shakira songs too:
Ciega Sordomuda
Ojos Así
La Tortura

And since The Mars Volta were mentioned, there's this too:
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez - Deus Ex Machina
Last edited by yogi_la_bearo at Aug 6, 2010,
Check out Porter, a good psichaedelic-alternative rock band from 2005-2008. (They have some songs in english too)
If you mean actual spanish music, you should check out Vicente Amigo. Its more flamenco fusion and is also quite jazzy.
I'm also looking for spanish music but to you as samples for some production work. Need some with strong melody and lyrics, anyone have any ideas?
Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
what is 'having your carrot skinned'? surely it must be painful, having your penis flayed?

'I love you so much it makes me sick'

Wanna listen to some chilled out, slightly depressing acoustic music?? --------> www.myspace.com/theriftplasticband