Right, sorry if anything like this has been posted, i didnt really search.

Anyway, my bday just came and went and now I have enough money to buy a new guitar as I sorta want something better than my current guitar (Stagg S300). I wanted something that could accomplish all tones from accoustic clean sound to a good distorted metal sound. Looked about at a few guitars and it was slowly looking like my best bet for a guitar would be an Epiphone Les Paul Standard/Studio (the reviews for both were pretty much the same).

However, I found a guitar in a magazine I short while ago called a Hagstrom Ultra Swede. Althought it costs a slight bit more than the Epiphone (I think its £399 or something like that) Ive found very little flaws or knocks in the reviews for this guitar. I would get it but I cant find a shop anywhere near me that sells this model so i would have to order it online. I always read I should try the guitar/amp before I buy it so ordering has left me skeptical i will get it, not like it when playing and regret spending 399 pounds. So, Do you think I should order it and wing it? or just not bother about the hagstrom and stick to what I can find closer to home?

(Also if you can think of any guitar which could be better for less than £400 pounds, feel free to say. I just want something that can handle most or all tones, No floyd rose and preferably a guitar that doesnt have a "metulz" like body, like the BC Warbeasts for example)
Quote by GezzyDiversion
Sadokun: Eating cardboard never tasted this good!

Quote by Otis Lee Crenshaw
Billy Ray Cyrus? Billy Ray Cyrus is about as f****** country as a bag of f****** wet mice, alright?
Seems to be sort of what you're looking for. However im not sure its gonna sound acoustic clean.
Quote by Jackamedmos
Seems to be sort of what you're looking for. However im not sure its gonna sound acoustic clean.

Well not accoustic clean I guess. I always thought that electrical guitars, no matter how close you get it to an acoustic sound would never really sound as good as an acoustic guitar. dunno why I wrote that. Just a nice clean sound really is what I should have wrote
Quote by GezzyDiversion
Sadokun: Eating cardboard never tasted this good!

Quote by Otis Lee Crenshaw
Billy Ray Cyrus? Billy Ray Cyrus is about as f****** country as a bag of f****** wet mice, alright?