do u guys losen (spelling) them up an re tune up to your tuning or do u guys just tune the string to the right tuning if they go out of tune
restring, tune, stretch, retune, stretch, retune, stretch once more. Should be perfectly stable.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
i just tune them up to the right tuning
unless its sharp then of course you have to loosen
ok bc i just like if one of my strings goes down a a half step or up i just tune it back down i dont loosen them up an re tune but it seems they dont get out of tune just sometimes on my tuner the pointer is not in the middle an i just tune it tell it is
like do u loosen them like ur gonna take the strings off an then tighten them all the way back up to your tuning
I don't see why you would take the strings off and then put them back on just to adjust the pitch of a string by a step or so. If I were to put on new strings, I would do what fastlanestoner does.
What he is saying is do you guys loosen your strings a little so that it's flat, before tuning it back up to the desired pitch, so that the pegs are tight.

I do that on some of my strings because some of my tuning pegs are kinda lose and the string will go flat.
If I'm tuning and the string is sharp, I loosen it to a little below the correct pitch and tighten. This is at least academically the right way to do it because of hysteresis caused by friction in the nut and tuning peg. The "hysteresis" is a fancy way of saying that the motion of the string lags a tiny bit behind the motion of the tuning peg knob. Doing it like I do satisfies my engineering mind and is "technically" correct. Whether it matters practically will depend on the particular guitar. You could experiment with your tuner by trying both ways, playing hard for a little while, and seeing if the string is still in tune.
well mine will stay in tune for a lil while but when i go to look on the tuner even tho they are on the right pitch the needle on my screen is not in the center is either a lil farther or lower then the center so i just tune them up till its in the center
If the strings are below pitch I just tune up to how I want them. If the string is to sharp I tune down a little below the desired note, and tune back up.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Uh, I just go a bit below what the notes supposed to be and tune up to the right note.
Gear:

Squier Tele Custom ii (p90 version)

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
You should always come up to the desired tuning from flat, not down to it from sharp. Inaccuracies occur when doing it the second way due to the string stretching during fretting and how the gears of the tuning machines are meshed. It's a long known fact and is referenced at many many guitar tuning sites across the net.
If during tuning up you overshoot your mark and go sharp(above desired pitch) loosen the string lower than the desired pitch and start over, don't loosen down until it's correct and leave it there.