So, 1 12 vs 212. How much difference does it actually make? Say your playing heavy metal, metalcore and nu metal ( really down tuned like drop c and b). Would a 112 be able to give out a good sound? With a good articulate bottom end.

( I'm asking because I might be getting a peavy 6505+ 112 combo soon.)
Well, from a technical POV you will be able to achieve 3 dB louder with a 2x12, thanks to the additional surface area.

As to the actual sound, it depends on the particular speaker(s). If you have greenbacks, or heritages or whatever, that's where the majority of the sound quality is had, not so much how many of them you have in your box.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Depends on the amp. In my band I've got a preamp, a 200w SS power amp, and a 2x12 cab with two Celestion Classic Lead knockoffs. The other guitarist has an Orange Rocker 30 head and a 1x12 cab with a Celestion V30. His amp has way more bottom end than mine, and does fine competing with me volume-wise.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
They sound different. How it sounds depend on speakers and construction. My 1x12 is a lot darker than my 2x12 (not better though, to me at least), but has a different speaker and much better construction.
Same perceived volume, but the 212 will sound fuller.
6505+ 112 is actually much larger than most 1x12 cabinets, which helps with the low end. But to be honest, the bass comes from the amp, its just depends how well the speaker/cabinet handles it.
it'll change the response of the speakers and some other technical mumbo jumbo stuff. plus a 212 is a little safer for a 100 watt amp. There aren't too many 200 watt speakers being made.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer