Ok, just a thought, but i saw on the Fender website that Frank Bello (Anthrax bassist) uses a Fender G-DEC amp, so i was wondering, does this amp work for bass as well as guitars, as i have always been told that a bass can completely ruin a guitar amp.
Quote by 50cal666
as i have always been told that a bass can completely ruin a guitar amp.

Whoever has told you that has no idea what they're on about... Yes, bashing a bass into an amplifier will ruin it, but plugging it in will not.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Generally speaking a bass will blow up a guitar amp. It happened to me, I have scars. So I would avoid playing my bass through a guitar amp. However, if the amp is high end enough to handle the low bass frequencies then there shouldn't be a problem.

Edit:
I forgot to mention that while the amp won't actually blow up, you can easily blow the speaker.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by seemeel
Whoever has told you that has no idea what they're on about... Yes, bashing a bass into an amplifier will ruin it, but plugging it in will not.

Sure plugging in won't do any damage, but playing will.

Straight from the FAQ:

2. Can I play my bass through a guitar amp?
For the love of God, don’t do this. It may be ok for a while, but one day, the heavens will open and your amp will be destroyed by the power of God. Get a bass amp; it’s what they’re there for. As an added plus, guitars sound better through them too. Bass amps are designed to handle the lower frequencies. Guitar amps are not.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
Bass amps are designed to handle the lower frequencies. Guitar amps are not.

So what you're saying is that as soon as you play below a Low E, your amp will explode? What about about people that play Drop D? Or even the crazies that like Drop A? That's only a but higher than the lowest traditional bass note, so if I can get away with it on a guitar, I should be able to do it a bass. What's more, I have (with my Cube 60) and there were no sparks.

Just because it's in writing doesn't make it true.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
The amp will rarely ever actually catch on fire, but over time it will screw the speaker like a black man on a five year old midget. I'm not implying that black men have sex with midgets or underaged women (FYI). I know this because I blew the speaker on my guitar amp from playing my bass on it. The fact that this is more than writing is the only reason I'm preaching it. If someone had told me to be careful, I'd be one amp up from what I am now.

Edit: My advice to the TS is that I would go with the B-DEC over the G-DEC. If anything, just because the B-DEC was built for basses and the G-DEC was built for guitars. Even if it's safe to play a bass on a G-DEC, you'll probably want something a little more bass oriented.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Last edited by Victory2134 at Aug 5, 2010,
Quote by seemeel
So what you're saying is that as soon as you play below a Low E, your amp will explode? What about about people that play Drop D? Or even the crazies that like Drop A? That's only a but higher than the lowest traditional bass note, so if I can get away with it on a guitar, I should be able to do it a bass. What's more, I have (with my Cube 60) and there were no sparks.

Just because it's in writing doesn't make it true.

scale length, harmonic under(or over?)tones, timbre. All more of a problem than actually tuning low.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
You can play a bass through a guitar amp if you're using a bass cab. Playing a bass through a guitar combo or a guitar cab (anything with speakers designed for a guitar amp) is what you want to avoid. It doesn't matter how high or low the volume is, or what tuning you're playing in, or anything along those lines, just playing in general will damage the speaker.

It's not as if your amp or cab will suddenly explode, but you will damage the speaker, and over time as that speaker degrades, the only sound you'll be able to get out of it is something similar to a whole bunch of bees farting in a coffee can.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass