I'm needing to buy a small, cheap practice amp to practice on for the next few months. It just need to be a wee small 10-15 watt SS amp. Don't have any real limit on budget, though maybe keep it around £100-200 (less would be even better, though doubt that will happen). I would rather not get a modelling amp, though I'm not completely dismissing the idea. I'll be using it to play:
MetallicaMercyful FateDiamond HeadMegadethSlayerTrivium

Recommendations would be much appreciated.
Thank-you
Peavey Vypyr will give you the sounds, though its a modeler. and its pretty cheap. sounds very good though.
The Peavey vyper is a nice wee modelling amp.

Also have a look at the roland cube. My friend has one and it's a damn good practice amp.

Stay away from Marshall MG's and Line 6 Spiders - They are terrible.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Yup i'm gonna back up these guys, I've got a vypyr myself (as the sig indicates)
and i too play a lot of '80s thrash. For this genre this amp is awesome, so by all means go for it, got mine for 160 quid.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Yeah! Mercyful Fate and King Diamond are awesome!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Ya... I probably shoulda mentioned that. I can't get anything made by Peavey, I've been barred from my local Peavey dealer lmao
Vox Pathfinder fits your requirements as long as you use pedals to get your range of tones.
Quote by robhc
Ya... I probably shoulda mentioned that. I can't get anything made by Peavey, I've been barred from my local Peavey dealer lmao

Wat?

Craigslist? eBay?

Roland Cube?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
You could get a Randall KH15 Kirk Hammett Signature amp, it's not a modeling amp, it was designed for playing that kind of stuff and it's $120 at samash, so it might be like £80 - 90 in the uk...

Hope this helps man
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Wat?

Craigslist? eBay?

Roland Cube?

I could have a look on Gumtree, though there is usually very little on it. I don't like using eBay.

I'll have a look at the Roland Cube next time I'm in the shop.
Quote by mikeiff
You could get a Randall KH15 Kirk Hammett Signature amp, it's not a modeling amp, it was designed for playing that kind of stuff and it's $120 at samash, so it might be like £80 - 90 in the uk...

Hope this helps man

I just checked at ebay UK and it's just £59!

I own a randall myself and it kicks ass, sounds really good!
Quote by robhc
I could have a look on Gumtree, though there is usually very little on it. I don't like using eBay.

I'll have a look at the Roland Cube next time I'm in the shop.

What's wrong with eBay? I have found great deals on there over the past couple of years.

Craigslist is usually a pain in the arse. Some people will low-ball ya and some people will try to meet up with ya somewhere.

I tried meeting up with a guy 4 times to sell my Boss MT-2. It's 30 mile drive for me and he never showed up each time.

a;lsdkjf /rant
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by mikeiff

Its cheap but heck i just googled reviews and checked some demos of it on youtube and its just a regular practise amp with kirks name slapped on it. Not to discredit Randall at all
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by mikeiff

A cheap signature amp?

No, just don't do it.

Peavey Vypyr

/thraed
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
What's wrong with eBay? I have found great deals on there over the past couple of years.

Craigslist is usually a pain in the arse. Some people will low-ball ya and some people will try to meet up with ya somewhere.

I tried meeting up with a guy 4 times to sell my Boss MT-2. It's 30 mile drive for me and he never showed up each time.

a;lsdkjf /rant

I've not had good experiences with eBay. People have tried scamming me too many times, PayPal has stolen my money before. Just overall bad experiences.

I've only used gumtree a couple times, but it was mostly good experiences, so I'm more comfortable using it.
Quote by robhc
I've not had good experiences with eBay. People have tried scamming me too many times, PayPal has stolen my money before. Just overall bad experiences.

I've only used gumtree a couple times, but it was mostly good experiences, so I'm more comfortable using it.

Ehh, both eBay and Paypal are secure sites when used properly, but you should do what feels more comfortable.

Good luck in your search for teh cheap toanz
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Why are you barred from your local Peavey dealer? Just curious.

Also, the entirety of my rig right now was bought on Ebay. Give it a look dude. Great stuff for teh cheepz.
Quote by Flying Couch
Why are you barred from your local Peavey dealer? Just curious.

Also, the entirety of my rig right now was bought on Ebay. Give it a look dude. Great stuff for teh cheepz.

I went in to have a look about, and there was a guitar that caught my eye. So I lifted it off the wall and started playing. One of the managers comes over to me and says that I can't play anything with out asking first. So I'm like fair enough, do you mind if I try a few guitars out, he asks if I was intending to buy anything, I said if I find something I like, he says then no I can't. I then say "well, I was thinking about adding to your paycheck, but I guess I'm not any more". So he says to me to get out, and not bother coming back.

Doesn't really matter, the employees in their are arse holes, and they're over priced. If I really need to get something they sell, I could probably get it online.

I'm sure there is some epic deals on eBay, I'm just rather dubious about buying there due to past experiences.
Clicky
40 USD.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
peavey vypyr or roland cube is pretty much your options.
Guitars
Amps
Quote by Guitarbaddie
LOL, yeah you sure don't want to meet up with someone when you are buying something from them.

Quote by Guitarbaddie
Perhaps you should try using a cel phone and talk to the people when you are driving that 30 miles. The fact that you drove 30 miles 4 times to meet someone who never showed tells more about you than CL.