im relitively new to bass and i have a squire classic vibe p bass with a peavey max 112 and i cant seem to find a right tone. i want a high poppy sound that goes well with playing with a pick to play blink, green day type music. i have my high all the way up on my amp and right now the low and mid at half. the G D A strings all sound find but the E isnt really a solid noise more than just a loud vibration. since im new any tips on bass tone would be welcome but what im mainly looking for is how to get that e to be more solid and poppy

EDIT: since i am new to basses with my p-bass the pickups instead of being level like a guitar pickup are sticking upmore in the air. is that normal or do i need to tighten it?
Last edited by zchavez09 at Aug 5, 2010,
crank the mids, make sure you're action and truss rod are set right too if it's just the one string you're not happy with.
Quote by zchavez09
im relitively new to bass and i have a squire classic vibe p bass with a peavey max 112 and i cant seem to find a right tone. i want a high poppy sound that goes well with playing with a pick to play blink, green day type music. i have my high all the way up on my amp and right now the low and mid at half. the G D A strings all sound find but the E isnt really a solid noise more than just a loud vibration. since im new any tips on bass tone would be welcome but what im mainly looking for is how to get that e to be more solid and poppy

EDIT: since i am new to basses with my p-bass the pickups instead of being level like a guitar pickup are sticking upmore in the air. is that normal or do i need to tighten it?

Im in a band that just plays basically blink and greenday and it took me a while 2 get the right tone 2. What i like 2 do is turn the bass down 2 between 3 and 5, the middle 2 about 7 or 8, and the high 2 about 7. Also turn your tone knob on your bass all the way 2 they left, and if u still arent getting the tone u want try playing closer 2 the bridge. And im not sure if this actualy works but i like 2 use and more flexible pick, the yellow or orange dunlop tortex picks work pretty good, and they dont get destroyed by the strings.
Last edited by jfergi73 at Aug 6, 2010,
for the love of god if you keep saying"2" i will destroy you. especially when your talking about numbers it just gets frustrating. GAH minirant/

now to the man with what appears to be a FLCL avatar. if that is in fact naota up there with harukos ric you aget cool points. Also I think boosting your mids some would help. and try messing with the tone knob on the bass.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Not to sound simple here, but new stainless steel strings are your best bet. It's a big factor in your sound after your playing style/technique.
signature
get some fast fret and apply that to the strings. should cost a few bucks