http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQSRFmhEluo

Hey guys just wanted to finally put this vid up. I've had the entire week off work so this is what I decided to do. First things first, yes i know i make ridiculous faces when I'm playing but whatever it adds entertainment value. This song was recorded throughout the week of August 2nd-5th and I did infact up the quality but i did not get a new SD card. I just ended up recording the vid in about 5-6 parts and you can tell because I'm wearing a different shirt and have a diff hairdo. The hardest solo i thought was Marty's 2nd after the acoustic one just because of the awkwardness that it was but. Surprisingly I did the last solo in just one take. But i would really appreciate if you guys left comments on what you thought and if u liked what you saw then please subscribe. Anyways hope you enjoy and i would love for you guys to comment on my playing and what i can do to improve and where. If you guys do comment please leave a link to something like a thread of your cover or your channel and I will be sure to comment back.
Last edited by EpSoNiight at Aug 5, 2010,
I'd love to take a listen, but there is no link.

EDIT: Cool, listening now. I'll edit a critique and a C4C link in a bit.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Last edited by Das_Skittles at Aug 5, 2010,
sorry but I stopped watching a minute into the vid. You gotta work on that rhythm boy, it's atrocious
Kitty-madness

Well instead of just saying its atrocious why dont you provide something useful and either give me some insight on what i can do to improve
well, Kitty-madness was right the rythm seemed a bit off, but I'm learning the osng myself so I don't know what to say except that watching your vid helped me with learning it. So thanks for uploading it.

By the way, is that a LTD EC-1000 Vintage Black? How does it play? I've had my eye on one of those for awhile but am tossed between that and a Shecter Hellraiser (The LP Body)
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Phoenix Reborn
Nah its a Ec-401 in Vintage Black. It plays pretty nicely but the higher fret access is quite iffy. The Pickups are EMG's and these being my first i like em. I havent seen a schecter Hellraiser but this is a pretty nice guitar. And I wouldnt go for the EC 1000 unless u really need a coil tap and locking tuners. I think the bridge was a little different also but those 3 things are the only differences really.

Megafan90
I do practice some things with a metronome but i find im have a lot of trouble unless its like a constant rhythm (eg no rests) to play it fast or even above 80bpm but if u say that will help me then i will focus on that
I don't want to beat a dead horse, but you should definitely work on your timing, especially in the lead parts. Also, those solos are not particularly clean, nor are they articulated very well.

The rhythm parts are decent, some timing issues, but nothing that makes it un-listenable. I would recommend not picking so hard though. That adds extra motion that really doesn't help your playing in any way. In actuality, it just makes it easier to get off the beat.

Not horribly bad playing, when all is considered, and certainly beyond what I would be able to do in a week with a song this difficult.

My biggest complaint is a more general one, not completely directed at you, though you are guilty of this. It irks me that people just sort record themselves with the stock mic on their camcorder and call it a cover. It makes good playing pretty annoying, and bad playing excruciatingly bad.

It also encourages people to post things that are really not past the "practicing and cleaning" phase, which is unfair to both the poster (who might actually be able to play the song if they were to practice it more) and the listener (who ends up wondering why someone would post something they can't really play yet).

TS, I think if you spend another week or two isolating the phrases you have most difficulty with, slow them down, and play them with the correct timing and articulation, you will have a much easier time playing them cleanly at full speed.

And as custom dictates, C4C:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1347320

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm