Page 1 of 3
So, as I have just been informed, apparently it is only customary in my province to sell beer in corner/convenience stores, in Canada at least (don't know about other countries). Also, according to Wikipedia,
"Pineapple Crush and Birch Beer Crush is relatively easy to obtain in both can and single serving bottle in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador, and in Fort McMurray, Alberta"

Pineapple Crush is the shit by the ways guys.

Anyway, what are some things (be it landforms, customs, goods, etc.) that are unique to your area?
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Aug 5, 2010,
I guess Sugar Cream Pie is an Indiana exclusive, and it was even originally made in my hometown, if I recall correctly.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Well...we have some pretty nice horses i guess. I think that's the only thing we've got going for us.
Sail upon the open skies
I believe Kwik Trip gas stations are unique to Wisconsin. Could be wrong on that one, but I've never seen them anywhere else.
well a body was found in the lake a few days ago
i doubt thats really unique though.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
in my area of Indiana there is a place called 'shoe corner.' its a small little intersection where people dump shoes, it has been that way as long as I can remember.
horseshoe sandwiches in springfield Illinois. basically whatever kind of meat over a mound of fries and bread, smothered in melted cheese, not exactly sandwhich shaped lol. never found em' anywhere else. its not on the menu but you can even order them at the steak n' shakes here
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
We have the place where the Mormon founder was killed in my town. And twenty minutes away us nauvoo where a ton of early Mormon history happened. That's it. I'm not Mormon, that's just the only way people know who we are.

Quote by Greendayfan16

cool story bra.................somebody doesn't like Christianity, who woulda thought?

Quote by NickGiovanni
Lol, This is Sig worthy my friend, Kudos to you and your wise-ass-ness
Quote by bobross
horseshoe sandwiches in springfield Illinois. basically whatever kind of meat over a mound of fries and bread, smothered in melted cheese, not exactly sandwhich shaped lol. never found em' anywhere else. its not on the menu but you can even order them at the steak n' shakes here

Sorry to burst your bubble but here we have them. I live about 2 hours west of you, near the mississippi river. And sorry about any double post.

Quote by Greendayfan16

cool story bra.................somebody doesn't like Christianity, who woulda thought?

Quote by NickGiovanni

You guys have no idea what you're missing on.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by GreenDayFan16
Sorry to burst your bubble but here we have them. I live about 2 hours west of you, near the mississippi river. And sorry about any double post.

bubble bursted. hahaha oh well next time someone says you can only get them here i can correct them

Well, we have abraham lincoln's corpse...that has to count for something.
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
Quote by bobross
bubble bursted. hahaha oh well next time someone says you can only get them here i can correct them

Well, we have abraham lincoln's corpse...that has to count for something.

Indeed................not every town has a dead president residing. And not every town is a state Capitol.........there's only 50 in the us.

Quote by Greendayfan16

Quote by NickGiovanni
pears. pears out the ass. pear orchards as far as the eyes can see. go to a farmers' market, you'll see Bartlett pears, Red Bartlett pears, Bosc pears, Green Anjou pears, Red Anjou pears, Comice pears, Asian pears, Seckels pears, pear cider, pear chips, pears and cheese, pear baskets, pear print clothing, pears in a jar, pears on a stick...

there's even a Pear Blossom festival each year, and a Pear Run. the biggest employer is a company that ships pears during the holidays. I've packed pears, sorted pears, made boxes for pears, made the separators (cells) for the boxes of pears, sold pears, sent replacement boxes of pears, stacked boxes of pears, put lids on boxes of pears, made towers using boxes of pears, put pears in baskets, answered questions concerning pears, unpacked boxes of bad pears, juggled pears, watched the endless rows of pears roll by on miles of conveyor belts...

I fucking hate pears.
Quote by MakinLattes
pears. pears out the ass. pear orchards as far as the eyes can see. go to a farmers' market, you'll see Bartlett pears, Red Bartlett pears, Bosc pears, Green Anjou pears, Red Anjou pears, Comice pears, Asian pears, Seckels pears, pear cider, pear chips, pears and cheese, pear baskets, pear print clothing, pears in a jar, pears on a stick...

there's even a Pear Blossom festival each year, and a Pear Run. the biggest employer is a company that ships pears during the holidays. I've packed pears, sorted pears, made boxes for pears, made the separators (cells) for the boxes of pears, sold pears, sent replacement boxes of pears, stacked boxes of pears, put lids on boxes of pears, made towers using boxes of pears, put pears in baskets, answered questions concerning pears, unpacked boxes of bad pears, juggled pears, watched the endless rows of pears roll by on miles of conveyor belts...

I fucking hate pears.

Funny thing is, we have a strawberry festival. And absolutely no damn strawberries.

Quote by Greendayfan16

Quote by NickGiovanni
Quote by MakinLattes

I fucking hate pears.

lolwut
love is love // return to dust
Quote by Phoenix Reborn
Faygo...best local soda company ever.

Faygo isn't local. The headquarters are in Detroit, but Faygo is everywhere. There's even a distribution center in Indianapolis.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Pat_s1t

How does a whole town run on one single fruit? There has to be more than that there, isn't there?

there's also cheese

...to go with the pears.
As far as my town goes, johnny cash spent some time in the big house here, and wrote a song about it.

As far as state: in n out burger. That is all
Quote by bobross

I would consider breaking my vegetarianism to try that. I was a meat-eater for a long time, and that sounds absolutely delicious.

Anyways, um... Dolly Parton is from here? She went to my high school. Dollywood is located here.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by CrossBack7
Skyline Chili and Graeter's Ice Cream. And Goetta. Except for the authentic German shit.
Goddamit, I told you I was going to be reminded of it all the time...

On topic, I can also claim the Labrador Retriever as a product of my province. Not unique to here anymore, but still are technically the purest breed of the animal.
Quote by ryan_nadon
well a body was found in the lake a few days ago
i doubt thats really unique though.

We find those around here all the time.

Anything unique about Syracuse? A shitload of snow, rare nice weather, white trash, a terrible city... nothing too unique.
Quote by edgeyyz
We find those around here all the time.

Anything unique about Syracuse? A shitload of snow, rare nice weather, white trash... nothing too unique.
Sounds like my town

Also we often tease my mom about how she can't pronounce Syracuse at all. It always comes out like Sigh-reh-coose.
Spedies are local to upstate NY, I've also heard that breakfast pizza is a local thing but I'm not sure if I believe that.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Redding California.

Heat
Rednecks
Nothing.
I forgot to add dirt, we have alot of dirt.
Last edited by DeadlyIllness at Aug 6, 2010,
Quote by hammondrckr
in my area of Indiana there is a place called 'shoe corner.' its a small little intersection where people dump shoes, it has been that way as long as I can remember.

My aunt and uncle live in Indiana and they were telling me about a shoe with a bunch of trees in it. I think it might be in Madison.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by StringAssassin
Instead of Districts or Counties, in Louisiana, we have Parishes.

Yeah thats ****ed up
My town: A preacher's wife can shoot her husband in the back and leave him to bleed out if he stresses or becomes "real judgmental" of her, and she won't do any time.

Quote by suckmahnuts
My city houses the President of the United States

Newark?
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Aug 6, 2010,
Page 1 of 3