So I've talked to someone that said to get these amps for an Indie-rock type sound but I haven't tried any of these brands before so any insight would be nice;
silvertone, supro, ampeg, sunn, magnatone, premier, airline, oahu, gretsch, and gibson
it sounds like the guy you were talking to was just trying to namedrop amp companies that aren't used often by guitarists in an attempt to be a cool little indie hipster.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
silvertone i've heard good things about, have yet to hear of a bad thing sunn has put out. if it's the same premier as the drum company, then i'd watch out. gretsch and gibson really need no explanation

EDIT: +1 to guy above
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
Quote by funkbass369
it sounds like the guy you were talking to was just trying to namedrop amp companies that aren't used often by guitarists in an attempt to be a cool little indie hipster.

No.

Most of those brands are good for indie rock but it depends what type you're inspired by.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by funkbass369

No, actually hes an amp manager for the band Modest Mouse and I was talking to him about how to get their sound while on a cheap budget. He was giving me no name brands on purpose, he said they're pretty much just as good as the higher end ones but I'd like more opinions.
Quote by Joshua1207
No, actually hes an amp manager for the band Modest Mouse and I was talking to him about how to get their sound while on a cheap budget. He was giving me no name brands on purpose, he said they're pretty much just as good as the higher end ones but I'd like more opinions.

sorry, my mistake. although a few of those companies won't be much for a cheap budget.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Aug 6, 2010,
Sunn's tube amps are pretty expensive nowadays. A Model T will run you around $1000. You can find their hybrid amps for cheap, though, which are still pretty good.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Joshua1207

How the heck do you get to talk to these people?!
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
that sounds like broch's amp line up. But trying to go out and find them is not indie rock.
Nope. What you need to do is do a bunch of drugs until they find you.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
that sounds like broch's amp line up. But trying to go out and find them is not indie rock.
Nope. What you need to do is do a bunch of drugs until they find you.

Brock*
And well I would do that, but then how am I suppose to have guitar money? I can't have it both ways you know.
Quote by Joshua1207
Find out where they get their amps made
search on myspace
????
Profit

I mean the manager of Modest Mouse.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by Joshua1207
Brock*
And well I would do that, but then how am I suppose to have guitar money? I can't have it both ways you know.

You just gotta keep doing drugs and eventually you'll find yourself snorting coke off the top of vintage guitars with Billy Gibbons.
Quote by Joshua1207
What if I'm not a ZZ Top fan? THEN WHAT?

Then we revoke your man card.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
Then we revoke your man card.

This
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90