I'm fairly new to guitar, and for equipment I have a basic amp and an electrict guitar...no pedals, harnmonizers, etc. I read the information on these items but could not find an answer to my question.
Is there a way or a piece of equipment where you can switch instantly from an acoustic sound to a metal sound? For example: I've learned Metallica's "Fade to Black." I start with my MicroCube amp set to the "JC Clean" setting for the acoustic part. Then I have to stop playing to switch to a high distortion setting to play the heavy electric parts and solos. Then, when the song goes back to the acoustic sounding part for the verse, I have to stop playing and switch the settings on my amp again. Any suggestions?
An amp with a footswitch.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Either an amp with multiple channels that you can change with a footswitch, or get a distortion pedal and use it with your clean channel on.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X