As societies slowly bridge the gap between gender treatment, are we losing...

Page 1 of 4
...our masculine men? The leaders of society? The innovators? The mathematicians? The diplomats? The ones who construct life saving medicine? What will this new feminizing role do to these positive male role models?

Discuss.
wait, i thought you were a girl...

edit: you are a girl… or else one of those dudes that make me question my sexuality.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Aug 6, 2010,
No?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I think this movement just leaves more room for both men and women to step forward and lead society.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Aug 6, 2010,
i believe it's a proven fact that men are becoming more feminine. as for the other things you asked in your attempt to troll, no.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
i believe it's a proven fact that men are become more feminine. as for the other things you asked in your attempt to troll, no.

This is exactly what I'm after, though.
Last edited by Z_cup_boy at Aug 6, 2010,
Not quite sure what masculinity has to do with medicine, innovation, and mathematics...

other than everything, that is.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Z_cup_boy
...our masculine men? The leaders of society? The innovators? The mathematicians? The diplomats? The ones who construct life saving medicine? What will this new feminizing role do to these positive male role models?

Discuss.

Bring them down off their pedestal?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
This is exactly what I'm after, though.

pointing out my typo. how cunning.

i already fixed it.
#DTWD
Quote by dann_blood
Bring them down off their pedestal?

Look, animal species usually lean one way or another, patriarchal or matriarchal. It just so happens humans are patriarchal, and I think this political correctness of so called bs equality will slow our progression down in fields of medicine and science.
Even as the gender roles become more balanced females will never become the innovators and such.

Males and females have the same mean IQ, HOWEVER, the vast majority of women all fall around the same number, but for men there are some which are off the charts high and some which are off the charts low.

It's these freaks who are off the charts high, which tend to be males, who revolutionize society.

Think: Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin..
Quote by -TM-
Even as the gender roles become more balanced females will never become the innovators and such.

Males and femalse have the same mean IQ, HOWEVER, the vast majority of women all fall around the same number, but for men there are some which are off the charts high and some which are off the charts low.

It's these freaks who are off the charts high, which tend to be males, who revolutionize society.

Yes exactly what I'm talking about and bringing down men is absolutely absurd.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
Look, animal species usually lean one way or another, patriarchal or matriarchal. It just so happens humans are patriarchal, and I think this political correctness of so called bs equality will slow our progression down in fields of medicine and science.

attn UG: this kind of trolling is what happens when your dad is way cooler than you yourself are.
#DTWD
Quote by Z_cup_boy
I'm being serious, sorry to burst your bubble.

you're really bad at this.
#DTWD
Yes. Haircuts will cause the death of mathematics, science and politics.

You idiot.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Name one women who did something other than write a book or complain about something.

You can't name any.

Now name one man who actually did something significant.

Well, there's Albert Einstein, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Werner von braun, John Williams, John Coltrane, Stephen Hawkings, Igor Stravinsky, Beethoven, Bach, Motzart... The List Goes on.
Quote by Z_cup_boy

Discuss.

...I forgot, feminine people can't lead, innovate, do math, be diplomats, and create medicine.
Quote by Z_cup_boy

Discuss.

please tell me you're kidding. do you honestly believe that "feminizing" men will remove leaders and diplomats and mathematicians and scientists?

you're entire premise is steeped in sexist essentialism, and you are quite frankly an ignorant joke.
Quote by DeadlyIllness
Well, there's Albert Einstein, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Werner von braun, John Williams, John Coltrane, Stephen Hawkings, Igor Stravinsky, Beethoven, Bach, Motzart... The List Goes on.

that's St. John Coltrane to you ...

http://www.coltranechurch.org/
#DTWD
Quote by guitarted
please tell me you're kidding. do you honestly believe that "feminizing" men will remove leaders and diplomats and mathematicians and scientists?

you're entire premise is steeped in sexist essentialism, and you are quite frankly an ignorant joke.

It was the masculine ideal of competition that led the world to successful leadership, scientific breakthroughs and new medicine.
There is this newfound war against boys and it's scaring me what will happen to the world.
http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/1300
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=20593&only
Last edited by Z_cup_boy at Aug 6, 2010,
Quote by DeadlyIllness
Name one women who did something other than write a book or complain about something.

You can't name any.

Quote by Zaphikh

i'm pretty sure all she did was complain about the plight of the impoverished and dying without doing anything to actually help them.
#DTWD
Quote by -TM-

Males and females have the same mean IQ, HOWEVER, the vast majority of women all fall around the same number, but for men there are some which are off the charts high and some which are off the charts low.

no. just. no.

consider the time periods in which these men revolutionized their fields. women were not ALLOWED by society to even consider such fields, let alone be influential enough to be pioneering.

society constructs gender roles. society constructs gender. as i previously stated to the TS, your premise is rooted in sexist essentialism and ignorance. try educating yourself a bit more before you delve into any sort of intellectual pursuits.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
It was the masculine ideal of competition that led the world to successful leadership, scientific breakthroughs and new medicine.
There is this newfound war against boys and it's scaring me what will happen to the world.

Correct. Men build empires, then some bitch has to go ruin it for them. It's all over history, to argue otherwise is proposterous.
Quote by guitarted
no. just. no.

consider the time periods in which these men revolutionized their fields. women were not ALLOWED by society to even consider such fields, let alone be influential enough to be pioneering.

but then again, if women were truly strong or cunning enough they could've devised a way to overcome men's oppression ... <_<

also, you certainly lend credence to the idea that men are dumb as hell by not realizing TS is a girl trolling us by now.
#DTWD
Quote by -TM-

I'm not taking a position on this matter in this thread as of yet, but Darwin was actually not a genius in any sense of that word, he was just a common man who observed what he believed to be a pretty self evident phenemonon. His contemporaries were slapping themselves over the head at the common sense nature of his theory as defined in The Origin of Species.
Quote by primusfan
i'm pretty sure all she did was complain about the plight of the impoverished and dying without doing anything to actually help them.

Quote by guitarted
no. just. no.

society constructs gender roles. society constructs gender. as i previously stated to the TS, your premise is rooted in sexist essentialism and ignorance. try educating yourself a bit more before you delve into any sort of intellectual pursuits.

But are women do anything significant now? No.
And the blame everything on society thing, is kinda old. It makes you sound like a girl.
If TS is trolling: Well done!

If not: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjLgekyOZA0#t=0m58s
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by Z_cup_boy
http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/1300
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=20593&only

Assuming men are instinctively more ambitious and competitive than women - which I'm not sure about, I read an article suggesting it but I don't know for sure - what exactly do you think is going to change this instinct? Do you think a handful of men caring about fashion and talking about their feelings will rewrite human biology?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by DeadlyIllness

You can't name any.

Marie Curie. Emily Dickenson (widely considered to be the first truly American writer). Judith Butler (pioneering gender theorist). Amelia Earhart. Harriet Tubman. Betsy Ross. Elinor Ostrom, 2009 Nobel Economics Laureate. Here's a list of female Nobel Laureates..

how's that?
Quote by guitarted
no. just. no.

How about YOU try educating YOURSELF?

Go do a google search, men and women have the same mean IQ, but the men's iq is spread out, lots of retards and lots of geniuses, women tend to just be average intelligence.

Geniuses, not average people spark intellectual revolutions.

Enemy: that's false. I've read almost everything Darwin has ever written and the man was a complete genius.

Not as insane as Einstein, but he was far more intelligent than the average man.

Have you even read the origin of species lol?
Quote by guitarted

That's a pretty powerful statement there. So you're saying that the roles that men and women have fufilled in society since the dawn of mankind, are a total social construct, that we should be able to see past? Ok, great, so let's put women on the front line. Oh wait, they aren't biologically capable of the same physical feats as men, cannot run as fast, carry bodies to safety, or have the emotional capacity to decimate a vague "enemy" and have no remorse.
Quote by EnemyWolf
I'm not taking a position on this matter in this thread as of yet, but Darwin was actually not a genius in any sense of that word, he was just a common man who observed what he believed to be a pretty self evident phenemonon. His contemporaries were slapping themselves over the head at the common sense nature of his theory as defined in The Origin of Species.

His accomplishments state that he is a genius. And if someone else noticed what he did, they were quite stupid to not write it down. He's written many books other than Orgin of Species (the fact that he thought of the theory of evolution proves he's a genius) such as "The Expression of Emotions in Man and Animals."
Page 1 of 4