So i thought i'd do a little build thread.

Fender 60's Road worn body with routed electronics cavity to 50's spec.
Fender 50's Road worn neck
Relic'd Gotoh vintage locking tuners
Single ply cream/aged white 50's style pickguard.
Fender Road worn knobs and neck plate.
Fender aged white pickup covers and switch/tremolo arm knobs.
Artec Sound BUC preamp/eq
Artec Sound VTB2 preamp/eq
Stratoblaster clone preamp
CTS 250k master tone and volume pots. Cryogenically treated.
1uf Orange drop tone cap. Cryogenically treated.
Vintage style cloth covered cable for all signal and grounding wires. Cryogenically treated.
Shielded with conductive adhesive copper tape/paint and star grounding scheme.
Callaham/fralin special wound pickups with latex screw spacers. Cryogenically Treated.
Callaham distressed bridge/tremolo assembly.
Callaham distressed jack plate w/ stereo switchcraft jack.
Goeldo/Rockinger Black Box Tremolo Stabilizer
No backplate for tremolo cavity
All unnecesary nitro laquer either sanded down or completely removed. (Erin Johnsons theory on tone transfer between part connections and also letting the wood "breathe")
Professionally "Plekked"

Now for the pictures so far!

First lot, body, neck and pickguard.

Second lot, half shielded with tuners and artec boards.

Last edited by doommaker at Aug 15, 2010,
Quote by doommaker
All unnecesary nitro laquer either sanded down or completely removed.

so are you completely refinishing it? it's looking good already i think! i've always been a huge fan of black knobs/pickup covers/pickguard on sunburst guitars. i guess it wouldn't be very vintage at all but it does look good. cool project!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by salgala2000
Me want MOAR pixels.

(bigger pics please)
The thumbnails are linked. Click them.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
so are you completely refinishing it? it's looking good already i think! i've always been a huge fan of black knobs/pickup covers/pickguard on sunburst guitars. i guess it wouldn't be very vintage at all but it does look good. cool project!

Nay I'm just going Eric Johnson on the guitar and sanding down under the bridge and pickguard, in the tremolo spring cavity and the heel of the neck. Basically everywhere. On and the pickups and electronics cavities.
Just ordered a Goldo (rockinger) Black box tremolo stabilizer as well.

Also going to get the guitar "plekked" and professionally setup with a bone nut.

No backplate on this guitar either.

Any other suggestions on how i could hot rod this guitar? The only way i can possibly conceive to make this guitar any better is to have gotten a custom shop body/neck which was out of the question price wise. Plus i like the Road worn look. And i've read more than a few reports of people saying that the road worn series is the best strat to play they own or have ever played disregarding some fret issues which plekking will fix (a few of those reports from 5+ strat owners).

Just finished all the routing and shielding, well minus a little bit of shielding paint in one of the cable holes. because i'm not using shielded cable (only the cloth covered wire)

Also added 9v battery clip in the electronics cavity. Going to run 2 lithium 9v batteries. Also modified one of the electronics board to not only be true bypass but to also turn the battery off when not in use. Should only have to change batteries once every 6 months or so.

Also updated first post with complete features list.
Finished it today!

Some thoughts on the sound. Resonance wise, the guitar feels great, nice and loud acoustically and you can feel the guitar on your body. Plugged in it sounds exactly as i expected, that classic belly strat sound. Nice and chimey, bit twangy on the bridge, just great all in all.

Regarding all the boards i put in.
the Artec Sound BCU/Guitar Fetish "woman tone" preamp.... well its pretty rubbish, its like a way with no bass.... kinda cool for a radio effect, which could actually be useful, but other than that its a bit crap, doesn't worry me though, actually sounds kinda cool with the stratoblaster on, adds this nice shimmer. Stratoblaster works great. The Artec Sound VTB2/Guitar fetish SRV/mid boost switches... well it does NOT do what its advertised. It has a nice mid boost which makes the pickups kinda humbuckery, but the second switch does nothing, i actually like it.

So all in all, might replace the BCU/woman tone pot with something else but radio effect could actually come in handy, especially seeming as it works with the booster. Gotta play wth it some more.

Looks cool!
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)