Is fl studio good for recording and making hardcore music & where can i get drum kits

Im starting to wonder if fl studio 9 is good for the music im trying to make im trying to make which is post hardcore with some prog metal.
I also need drum kit sounds, where can i find some?
any help to this would be much appreciated.
You can find all of that on FL studio 9.. I have the same program, and I feel pretty positive about it. you'll be alright.
FL Studio works pretty good for recording, and it should be really easy if you wanna put in some vst synth's or drums or whatever. I make techno on it. Or something in that genre.

As for drum kits, just google "FL Studio drum kit packs/samples" or something. You should get a bunch of hits.
For recording/editing, FL sucks. It's pretty much a severely crippled DAW. You would be much better off getting a fully functional program like Reaper, which is basically the standard around UG.

As for drums, you're not going to get anything remotely good unless you spend money. Addictive Drums are quite good. I personally like Superior Drummer 2.0. Just steer clear of EZDrummer and DfH. They sound terribly generic and unrealistic.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Das_Skittles
For recording/editing, FL sucks. It's pretty much a severely crippled DAW. You would be much better off getting a fully functional program like Reaper, which is basically the standard around UG.

i wouldnt call FL a crippled DAW, but i agree that it sucks for recording. it is much more of a sequencer than a recording tool. it is good for creating loops, mixing, sequencing, and stuff like that. it just isnt meant for recording and stuff. great program, just not for what you want to do.
for sequencing and mixing it's great, that's why I use it yo re mix stuff.

But recording, it sucks.

So I would record in reaper and use FL if your using vst instruments and making drum loops.
I use it to make my drum tracks and beats all the time. You simply cannot beat the simplicity of FL Studio's sequencer. However for actual recording, I use audition. FL is recording retarded.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Quote by Das_Skittles

As for drums, you're not going to get anything remotely good unless you spend money. Addictive Drums are quite good. I personally like Superior Drummer 2.0. Just steer clear of EZDrummer and DfH. They sound terribly generic and unrealistic.

With the right plugins FL studio is beautiful for recording/editing.

The only reason you say it sucks is because on the surface it is a good program for things not directly targeting the recording/editing aspect like Reaper.
I would advise you to stay away from FL studio for hardcore music. It's great for electronic music and loops, etc etc, but i find it extremely NON-intuitive for instrumental music recording. It has some ok drum samples and easy to use drum programming...but trying to bring it all together is just way more difficult than it has to be. If you're looking for something cheap and easy to use I've heard a lot of things about REAPER...so maybe look that route.
Quote by jof1029
i wouldnt call FL a crippled DAW, but i agree that it sucks for recording. it is much more of a sequencer than a recording tool. it is good for creating loops, mixing, sequencing, and stuff like that. it just isnt meant for recording and stuff. great program, just not for what you want to do.

I guess it's not really crippled, but I found that it was alright for sequencing and whatnot, but the recording feature wasn't intuitive at all. I have no problems using Reaper for recording OR sequencing, and everything about it is so intuitive I only had to use a User Manual to learn how to use the piano roll, though I would have needed instruction for that in any program.

TL;DR: Fruity Loops has its use, and that does not include recording harcore.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
I have to agree on the part of the recording situation concerning anything FL - I've never had luck with it, never plan to. It would probably be best to look into another DAW for recording actual takes, and simply refer to FL when it comes to drum programming and synths (which of course, it's perfect for)

I use it frequently, along with reaper or acid - for some very pleasing outcomes.
Quote by guitar12
So I would record in reaper and use FL if your using vst instruments and making drum loops.

Thought I'd point out that this is a good idea, but also both of these can be done in Reaper if you don't have the money for both programs.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden