I came up with the intro ages ago, to show a (grim, kvlt and frostbitten) friend that I could come up with a BM riff in a minute or two

I wanted to extend it and write a BM song, but the riffs I came up with ended up being.. power metal \m/ and here's the end result

Length: 2:01

-------------------------------------

v2 - Added 3 more solos, an interlude, changed the intro, did some other stuff.

Length: 2:37
Attachments:
Kvlt vnd Krieg.gp5
Kvlt vnd Krieg.gp4
Kvlt vnd Krieg.mid
Kvlt vnd Krieg v2.gp5
Kvlt vnd Krieg v2.mid
All is ghost in memory and poison in the sun
Last edited by Wquennasar at Sep 21, 2010,
If you slow it down to 90-100 bpm and add acoustics and choirs you'd get a good viking song out of it.
I don't have much time ahead of me but I can say this is a good start, but I hope you'll add more to this song. The main recurrent riff is very easy but it's a good hook in the song and feels epic. The black metal verse sounds weird on GP but I can see how this will sound very good in real life. Stick to your solos too, they sound good. If you want a more black metal feeling, try adding some parts, because to me, except the verse, this is very power metal.

It's a good song, but it's way too repetitive, even your interlude is with the same chords and doesn't bring anything much to the song.

Try to keep working on it and add some new riffs. This will sound great in the end.

Good job!

C4C? 2 songs on my profile!

Max
Quote by Wquennasar
Yes, but vikings aren't kvlt!

Vikings not kvlt,perhaps in some strange parallel universe.
Bathory-Hammerheart-One Rode To Asa Bay go to You tube and check it out if you're brave ...
Quote by krvolok
Vikings not kvlt,perhaps in some strange parallel universe.
Bathory-Hammerheart-One Rode To Asa Bay go to You tube and check it out if you're brave ...

Haha, fair enough. I do like Bathory; Blood Fire Death's his best though!
All is ghost in memory and poison in the sun
First, I will say that this song is... fun. One of those that'd fun to hear live.

However, the biggest issues with it are that it's pretty repetitive [in itself that's not a problem when variation and depth is provided, but one part is much the same as the next repetition of it in this song], and that... While it moves quickly and it's fun, ideas aren't developed and expanded upon, thus a lot of the stuff seems pointless, especially if it never comes back, and doesn't serve to move the song forward.

For instance, the acoustic break. What was that for? It was an excellent part on it's own, but came in very suddenly, and then just... stopped after a few repeats. It could've been so much more developed and the song would be better for it. Same goes for the intro, although with some drum changes that could just be a build up, as the riff itself is dull, especially for a tremolo picked one.

I also took a bit of issue with the solos. One or two solos that express a lot of emotion is great. Four or so solos that are just tearing it up and never even build TO the shredding, is just a bit dull.

Aside from that, nice job, considering I don't like power metal at all. Good work overall.

Crit mine? [Dust, in my sig]
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"