pit i was wondering, to those who absolutely love music, whether you listen to it, play it, whatever, how do you see the music today as opposed to music during the 60's,70's,80's? ive a got a friend who constantly talks shit about the "media", as he calls it, through facebook updates. he says its unoriginal now and talentless...he just sounds really ignorant half the time. really annoying too.

ultimately i think it depends who you listen to that will make music orgasmic

so what do you guys think?

p.s didnt intend to put this in the wrong place nor could i find a thread like this.
Quote by killer puppy
pit i was wondering, to those who absolutely love music, whether you listen to it, play it, whatever, how do you see the music today as opposed to music during the 60's,70's,80's? ive a got a friend who constantly talks shit about the "media", as he calls it, through facebook updates. he says its unoriginal now and talentless...he just sounds really ignorant half the time. really annoying too.

ultimately i think it depends who you listen to that will make music orgasmic

so what do you guys think?

p.s didnt intend to put this in the wrong place nor could i find a thread like this.

how unoriginal. i leik old school
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I grew up listening to The Beatles and Led Zeppelin and stuff like that, but now I find myself listening to more new music like Sleigh Bells, Radiohead, Wolf Parade and Animal Collective. Ultimately I think there are fantastic and terrible music from every time period
Quote by Kid Panda Bear
Ultimately I think there are fantastic and terrible music from every time period

mhmmmm

+1
I usually listen to music that's older then me. New stuff tends to suck
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Quote by TheReverend724
I listen to usually nothing that predates the 80's

Most of my music is from the past decade

This, and some current.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
I listen to mostly modern things. Coheed, Circa Survive, The Decemberists, and Protest the Hero mainly. But I have a ton of Zeppelin, Hendrix, Metallica's 80's stuff, and The Beatles that just sits around on my computer taking up space on my hard drive anymore.
Quote by handbanana78

^First time I've ever made a funny

Quote by deathcore101

okay Mike my advice for you is, don't sleep with your sister
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69
I usually listen to music that's older then me. New stuff tends to suck

People will almost always like what is old over what is new. Why? No idea.

Personally, I don't think about time periods while listening to music. Music is music, not years or dates.
I listen to stuff from generally the '60s to the end of the '80s. The stuff I listen to from the past two decades are only from artists of the '80s or earlier.
My mainstay has ALWAYS been Zeppelin, The Beatles, Clapton, Dire Straits, etc. and that will never ever change, but recently I've been mostly into relatively new stuff. Coldplay, eminem, U2 (not new, but a lot of their stuff is) etc.
I listen to a lot of the old stuff , from beatles to nirvana, zeppelin, the doors, pixies, velvet underground, the usual legendary stuff.I used to think that music after 2000 sucked, recently I discovered I was wrong.
New bands like Muse ,Them crooked vultures ,MGMT and Arcade fire are really good and will be remembered by future generations. Bands like Tool ,The Prodigy and Pearl Jam and Queens of the stone age still make good music and some of the older bands that split up like Alice In Chains are back together and make music like they never left the scene.

There's good music out there, you just have to look.
Oh look, another thread dedicated to discussing music of now vs music of the 60s 70s and 80s (because as we all know, music didnt exist before then)
Check out my band Disturbed
I listen to all kinds of stuff. Though as I grow older, I find more modern music appeals to me than classic rock and the like. Like many people have said, there are good and bad bands from every era. I mean like, I love artists as old as Johnny Cash and Neil Young and as young as Bright Eyes, Mastodon, and My Chemical Romance.
Last edited by GrungeJunkie at Aug 6, 2010,
Quote by StewieSwan
Oh look, another thread dedicated to discussing music of now vs music of the 60s 70s and 80s (because as we all know, music didnt exist before then)

Oh look, another moron entering a thread to prove how above the discussion they are.

I tend to go through phases of music genres, right now it's romantic, tommarow it might be prog.
Quote by StewieSwan

Course not. Music just popped out of nowhere and started dancing about, and being the posers we humans are, we decided to copy music. Music laid down some basic fundamentals to advanced mechanics on how he worked. This is where music theory came from, and how we got music.

True story.
Quote by StewieSwan

Rock music started around the 60s, this forum is full of metalheads and guitarists, they aren't going to discuss classical music or music from the 50's or older.

Not that i don't like classical music, sometimes when I hear classical music it can be more moving than any other modern thing i have on my mp3 player. But i don't actively listen to it, don't know why though.
any school of music new or old, theirs good old stuff and good new stuff, but it really depends on what you mean by old and new.
I drink your milkshake.
If I had to pick one, I'd go with new. I don't hate 60's and 70's music, but I do prefer what's on the radio now.