Okay, I've decided to get the Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone compressor, BOSS DD7 delay, a Line 6 UX1 and a Shure SM57, the last thing on my list is NEW TUBES FOR MY BUGERA 333XL. Because with/without the pedalboard, it sounds like ass atm. Fizzy, noisy and you play a high note and you get a heap of fizz, and the notes all mush together. Was playing the start of 'Burn It Down' by A7x earler, and those 3 note arpeggios sound like crap. And it's not my technique, I was playing it at the music store yesterday testing out compressors and it sounds fine.

I'm not sure whether to stick with EL34s or go to 6L6s. I also have a Blackstar HT-Dual so if I need the opposite tone colouring, I can use that to get an approximation. And after that, I have no idea what tubes are good or not. Help me?
I'd stick with the EL34's. If there was ever an amp that didn't need more bass the 333xl is it.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Ah okay... yeah, I get a pretty good bass response out of it as it is and I play more leads than rhythm, so the mids would probably be more beneficial. And the JJ's you reckon? Where do you think the best place to order them from would be (I'm in Australia)? Should I replace the 12AX7s too? It still has all the stock Bugera tubes in it.
Hm... I'd do a full retube. As for ordering, I'm in the US so I can't really help you.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
I've heard that if you can afford it you should go JJ gold pin.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

I actually heard that the gold pins weren't worth it... Personally I have no experience with the gold pins, I always just get the standard but do a google search before you buy and you should easily find some threads around on other forums that discuss it.
JJ's are great.

I just put 3 12ax7's and 2 EL84's in my Bugera V22 and it sounds SOOOOO much better than it did with the stock tubes in it.

I also tried out the Sovteck's but they sounded no different than the stock tubes. The JJ's made it clearer, the gain more useable and made my amp sound a little darker than it did originally.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
stick with the EL34's . just retube it all with jj's, or if you wanna spend a little more money, try sovteks lps's in the pre, and svetlana el34's in power section
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
So JJ EL34s and JJ 12AX7s all through it? Do I need to worry about anything like phase inverter ones or any of that?
No SED love in here?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Ah okay, thanks for your help. I know absolutely nothing about tubes and see all these fancy terms thrown around and while I do my best to learn... I don't particularly want to explode my amplifier lol