once I got into guitar, I really got into music. Jazz has really great musical value and I wanted to hear more of it. So know any really good emotional (instrumental!) jazz? Or any albums or anything.

thanks
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
More swing but learn it anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTH_Nn_TtDI
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Go to the Jazz forum.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Bebop is to the overall JAZZ umbrella as to Metal is to the overall ROCK umbrella.

Look up some Bebop songs. Charlie Parker.
PSN: CaptainZurEnArrh
Step 1: Go to CD store.
Step 2: Buy every Miles Davis CD in the store.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit

It's not guitar heavy, so I doubt you'll learn much in that regard, but just trust me that it's a good investment.
Jazz forum/ Musician talk, and Joe Pass
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
You could try some Larry Carlton, he has loads of instrumental guitar albums and he's an incredible talent.
Really anything the Ellington or Basie orchestra has done. Check out the all american rhythm section. Look up George Benson and Wes Montgomery. For more solo like stuff look into Coltrane, Parker, Clark Terry, JJ Johnson, Dizzy Gillespie, Miles Davis......of course you must remember all these guys played in big bands before they started solo careers.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Quote by Ledforthehead
Bebop is to the overall JAZZ umbrella as to Metal is to the overall ROCK umbrella.

Look up some Bebop songs. Charlie Parker.

Also this. The Bird is The Man. And he hung out in Kansas City a lot, thus upping his cool points.
Count Basie as well (KC native) and the great Duke Ellington.
One perk of living in Kansas City is that this was THE place for jazz back in the '20s and '30s. 18th and Vine, home of jazz and only a block or so away from one of the greatest pizza joints in the world.
Last edited by cornmancer at Aug 6, 2010,