Yes
107 36%
Maybe
139 46%
No
53 18%
Voters: 299.
Page 1 of 3
I've had a bit of a thought. Do you think that the name of someone could alter how attractive they are? I don't really know so wanted to know what you all thought. I mean... a girl with a pretty name like Rachel for example would be more attractive to someone than a girl with a name like Bernard.

Does this even make any sense?
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I think I read a cracked article a while back that had a list of the statistically most attractive names to men and women, forgotten what it was called though. As I remember my name was 2nd or 3rd on the most attractive list. I'm gonna have a look for it.
It would be funny at first but hten I'd get used to it I guess.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Quote by aaciseric
I think I read a cracked article a while back that had a list of the statistically most attractive names to men and women, forgot what it was called that. As I remember my name was 2nd or 3rd on the most attractive list. I'm gonna have a look for it.

I thought of the same article when I read this thread. It actually makes a lot of sense.
Enjoy jeppelapp responsibly.

Quote by In The Mist
If you led your life by the pit's advice, you would be in prison on multiple charges of rape.
For some reason Rachel and Jessica are attractive names. I'm not sure why.

I'd like to see that Cracked article.
Quote by isabiggles
more attractive to someone than a girl with a name like Bernard.

Lol'd.

Rachel is a nice name.
Possibly:

George Clooney regularly tops "gorgeous man" polls, yet his is the first name least associated with attractiveness in a new study. Might this have slowed his climb to movie stardom? Can a name really determine your fate?

If you're called Brian and didn't get that promotion, then blame it on your parents and their choice of name. Ditto for those called Helen, and for the Georges out there who are unlucky in love.

We have strong perceptions about first names and associate them with success, luck and attractiveness, according to new research. And our perceptions can have very real consequences in everyday life.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7312412.stm

My name is Kjell which I think is attractive. Stands out anyway.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Sadly, yes. I have an unattractive name
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Aug 6, 2010,
i would say so i couldnt see as maybe ladies liking brad pitt etc if he was called hector and guys liking cherly cole if she was helga. I guess first impressions has alot to do with it
Simple question.
Would you bone a hot girl called Gertrude?
This is why we can't have nice things!
Quote by Benadeto
Simple question.

intrude Gertrude? Without question
Quote by Benadeto
Simple question.

I'd call her G

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by isabiggles
a girl with a name like Bernard.

I don't think it matters, within reason
Obviously no one wants to date a girl named Bernard
Some girl's names are better than others, and suit the person more than others, but I don't think it would make them less attractive...maybe that's just me.
Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
Yea definitely. My given name is stupid, but there's a particularily nice Irish translation of it: Déaglin.

Mmm...
I remember an article on our local paper that said girls with names that ended in an "ee" sound (like sophie or holly or amy or whatever) where generally more attractive, and the same could be said for men with short names (I think, like one syllable). S'probably why I call myself "Pete" more than Peter... xD
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by Cracked article
George and Paul on the other hand? Well, just resign yourselves to a life of minimum wage jobs, accidents and loneliness (unless you're a Beatle, apparently).

Shit.
No.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I'm quite grateful to the Pirates of the Caribbean films because my name's will. It's now been cemented as a really manly but sensitive english name. Hell yeah.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by cornmancer
Well I can guarantee you now, I don't think I will ever be attracted to a woman named Kathy.

True that.
It might do something with my best mate's mother has that name but its still not a particularly nice sounding name.
This is why we can't have nice things!
It didn't say anything about foreign names, which can't be pronounced far from right in English. Like mine for instance, Stian, a common Norwegian name, which I bet you can't pronounce right...

I usually find short names on girls better. I hate 4-syllable names, I usually end up using a shorted down version of it.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Maybe slightly. For instance, I knew a girl in school called Sophia, who was annoying and monstrously ugly. Therefore, every time I see a girl called Sophia, no matter how hot or nice she is, she is ruined.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Well how about a normal sounding name spelt differently?

I live in England but my name is spelt Kristofer. When i tell people it's Swedish i get interested looks, when i say it's German it seems to turn people off.
But it's always a point of interest for people who have just met me.
Quote by red157
I voted maybe.

As I should never underestimate how ridiculous I can be.

Though I highly doubt I'll fall for a girl called 'London' anyways. I mean really. What a stupid name.

But you'd love a nice trip in the Underground wouldn't you?
/lame joke

My previous two crushes had the same name, just with a different letter on the end (they didn't change pronounciaton at all.). I won't even give a girl with that name a chance. (Name ommitted in this post)
Quote by sfaune92
It didn't say anything about foreign names, which can't be pronounced far from right in English. Like mine for instance, Stian, a common Norwegian name, which I bet you can't pronounce right...

I usually find short names on girls better. I hate 4-syllable names, I usually end up using a shorted down version of it.

Steen? Stan? perhaps the T is silent: Sane?

And ofcourse the name affects how I think about someone. Granted, Sophie is an ugly name, Emily, Lucy and Amy are childish, but Rachel definitely is hot.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
Steen? Stan? perhaps the T is silent: Sane?

No, no, and again, no.

Stee-on (I am talking real English "o" now, like in "London")
My name is one of the most common male names in Norway, and everyone else I know by that name are usually douchebags.

OT: I find everyone I know/know about with the name of Julie to be weirdos...

Also, what's wrong with such names as Sophia? I think it's a rather cute name ... <_<
Last edited by sfaune92 at Aug 6, 2010,
Quote by sfaune92
No, no, and again, no.

Stee-on (I am talking real English "o" now, like in "London")
My name is one of the most common male names in Norway, and everyone else I know by that name are usually douchebags.

OT: I find everyone I know/know about with the name of Julie to be weirdos...

Also, what's wrong with such names as Sophia? I think it's a rather cute name ... <_<

That was how I expected it to be pronounced, I thought it was going to be something stranger to myself.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by jimbob78
Maybe slightly. For instance, I knew a girl in school called Sophia, who was annoying and monstrously ugly. Therefore, every time I see a girl called Sophia, no matter how hot or nice she is, she is ruined.

Basically this. If I have bad experiences with a person of the name it can bug me, but not enough to put me off taking things further.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by sfaune92
But you'd love a nice trip in the Underground wouldn't you?
/lame joke

My previous two crushes had the same name, just with a different letter on the end (they didn't change pronounciaton at all.). I won't even give a girl with that name a chance. (Name ommitted in this post)

Well my 2 last girlfriends both have the same first name, Alex and Alix. It just gets really confusing. I think I have a thing for that name or something. I just don't like trashy names.
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
If she was called Gonnorrhea Dorothy Rabies McPostop then I might think twice..

..I hate the name Dorothy
Page 1 of 3