Hey everyone, I need some help picking out my second guitar, since my other one broke.
Im looking for one suitable for shredding, stuff like neoclassical.
I used to be into alot of metal, but i've been growing out of it lately. Blues also rubbed off on me a bit. Pretty much, I'm looking for a guitar that's versatile, but has an edge to shred.
I'm also looking for a guitar that looks unique, but one that I won't get sick of after a while (for instance, i'd get sick of a razorback after a while).

Actually, I've been thinking of getting an ibanez rg350dx
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG350DX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519415
I just dont want to regret buying it, and I just want to see if there's any other guitars out there.
Edit: Also, my price range is from 300-500

Oh, and if there's any others, I really prefer 24 frets and a tremelo
Last edited by dasimonster at Aug 6, 2010,
I recommend you consider LTDs - I find them to be very similar in features but sooo much nicer than similarly priced ibanez models.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I like it, Ibanez makes pretty good guitars and that guitar has a Steve Vai look to it.
My Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 75w
- Epiphone SG G-310(Added Seymour Duncan's)
- Epiphone Black Beauty III
- Ibanez RG200
- Squier Telecaster Retrovibe
- John
You're moving away from metal, but into neo classical shred? Sorry bud, that'd be incredible awkward to do. Kudos for doing so though.

For your budget you won't get anything worth playing, I suggest save up for a few more months and come back with a larger price range. I'm very sure it's not urgent to get one yes? :p

My 2cents, save up, and take a look at Suhr guitars, and Agile. Suhr is great for shred, look up Gothrie Govan, he uses them and is absolutely incredible. And Agile guitars are very low priced, for incredible quality.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

How did your guitar break?

And what was it? Did you like it? Do you have any idea of what you might like feelwise?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
My other one was originally broken when I got it. It's gotten alot worse in the past year because the tremelo is stuck, and my bridge somehow got elevated by about an inch.
There's also tons of cracks in the pickguard.

It was a squire strat, indonesian made. the pickguard was also a mirror.
it was good in the beginning i guess, but ive been hating it lately.
Neoclassical you say? If I were you I'd buy a Mexican Strat and stick hot pickups in it. Then I'd get the neck scalloped, Malmsteen style.

Of course, if you're too much of a pansy to do that you could always buy an Ibby, wielded by such icons as Vai, Satch and Timmons. I'd stay away from Schecters and Deans and the likes, they're way over-rated on this forum.
strat shredding ftw! get a used MIM and throw some hot pups in their like the nice man above me said. i like schecter though.
Well, there are a lot of good guitars, but I always recommend Jacksons. I would alos try looking used too. I found my latest Epiphone Les Paul Custom with a lot of extras for $150 on craigslist. Hope you find a good deal.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
If you had an electric guitar last, I would go for an acoustic this time, and vice versa. This gives you a feel for both sides. But then again, you did say you like shredding, so an electric might be your choice. You should check out Dean, Jackson, or Ibanez. Ibanez makes good shredding guitars, and I know many friends who own Ibanez guitars. They are very durable; a guy from my church has a 20 year old one that has been through some rough times, and has the wear marks to show it . It still plays beautifully though, and Ibanez really is a great company, making durably guitars. I would definatly check em out. Before you buy a guitar though, you should play it of course, and read some reviews. Good luck, and happy guitar playing!