Hey, okay before we get started, I'm a Line 6 amp user. I love them, I have since my Spider II, I'm a digital fan, I like that sound, I like the versatility, if you're gonna bitch about that, kindly find a manhole and open your mind a little to technologial advances in simulation technology.

I've been using a first-run Spider Valve for about two years now (through a custom 2x12 cabinet with V30s and a bass port), I really feel comfortable with it, have toured up and down the UK with it, etc. I'm now considering an upgrade, and I'm somewhere between £639 for a Spider Valve MKII, or £1049 for a Vetta II HD.

I've seen people using the Vetta II live in bands I've played with, etc., but I'm wondering whether it's £500 ahead of the Valve MKII in terms of additional features and options. I see that with either option, I can add POD FX, beyond the old-style three-on-one-knob options on my original Spider Valve.

Any thoughts on this one?
For the love of god, any Line 6 amplifier is NOT an upgrade. Say what you will, you know it's true.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by Deece
Line 6's are practice amps. Nothing more.

A line 7 Vetta is a practice amp? Would you please **** off out of this thread you stupid bandwagon troll.

TS, I had the chance to try out the vetta a few months ago and I was REALLY impressed with it. I've no experience with the Spider though.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
It's nothing but dinosauric retards assuming that because it's capable of more than their dusty old Peavey or Mesa, it's not capable of anything worthwhile. It's people assuming that rock goes arm in arm with history and that new is bad. It's people who whine about MP3 files despite their ignorant ears not being able to hear the compression. It's, as you said, bandwagon wankholes crying over nothing. I clearly laid out that I did not want anti-Line-6 foolishness, yet within seconds, two morons had already expressed their uneducated and uninformed excuses for opinions.

So, to reiterate, if you don't like Line 6, don't answer the questions, your opinions are of no value to me. Kay? ^_^
I love your hypocrisy. You have basically said that Peaveys and Mesas are shit, yet when we say Line 6s are shit (which is far more true) you saw we're trolling. Nice work dude. Go ahead and buy either of those amps - we don't have to listen to them.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by LessThanLuke
It's nothing but dinosauric retards assuming that because it's capable of more than their dusty old Peavey or Mesa, it's not capable of anything worthwhile. It's people assuming that rock goes arm in arm with history and that new is bad. It's people who whine about MP3 files despite their ignorant ears not being able to hear the compression. It's, as you said, bandwagon wankholes crying over nothing. I clearly laid out that I did not want anti-Line-6 foolishness, yet within seconds, two morons had already expressed their uneducated and uninformed excuses for opinions.

So, to reiterate, if you don't like Line 6, don't answer the questions, your opinions are of no value to me. Kay? ^_^

The part about MP3s isn't true, there's a noticeable difference even between CD and MP3. However I do agree that modelling amps can be used for more than practice (although my Spider II 112 struggles at louder volumes).
I think you do have to ask yourself whether buying a newer modelling amp is worth it though. You can get similar versatility from a good pedalboard and a smallish valve amp (like a Vox AC30). Just something to consider.
There isn't a noticeable difference to the average ear between any MP3 over 192kbps and a CD. Your Spider II 112 is a 1x12, and a several year old amp. What you need to remember is that these are a digital technology, and Moore's Law applies to digital amps as much as it applies to computers, they get better a lot quicker, meaning upgrades become more tantalising more frequently. Think about what digital modeling will be doing a decade from now, compared to what it was doing a decade ago. Now think that people are still using amps from the 70s. They like that tone, good for them. I don't. I'm a modern person. I like digital. I wanted some advice on two perfectly good, highly reviewed digital amps. Shame all I got was bitterness.
Ummmmmm. Why are people stupid?
Have any of the people dissing line 6 TRIED a Vetta?

The one concern I have is reliability. I've seen Vettas break down, and repair is not pretty.
Really comes down to what you want, versatility or toobs. The Vetta is the better amp IMO. Despite the tubes in the mkII, the actual models are still not that great IMO>