I seem to be doing it right, I can do them, but I can't get them to squeal, it just sounds like a high pitched scream and thats it, but no squeal.

I'm using my UX1 and Podfarm as I don't have a real amp (yet). I have plenty of gain in my setup.
The setup won't affect it, as long as it has plenty of gain, as you say. It's your technique, most likely. Sorry Keep at it, you'll get it.
Actually I know what you mean. It takes some getting used to. It's just like when you buy a different amp; they all have their different characteristics. Some amps are easier to do harmonics on, some are harder.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
I get the scream, just cant make them squeal. My thumb is hitting the string right after I hit it.
yeah, it all depends on your technique really, you can get squeals from both the bridge and neck if youre good enough at it, itl just take some getting used to i guess.
LOTS of really fast and wide vibrato with the left hand. That's the real trick.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
You can do pinch harmonics with any piece of gear. Getting them to sound a particular way depends mainly on technique, but also on the guitar setup.

I would say work on your technique. That's the biggest factor.
Quote by zeek7pc
LOTS of really fast and wide vibrato with the left hand. That's the real trick.

+100000000

I can pinch on a bloody acoustic, so gear has nothing to do with it! Keep at it!
yeah you shouldn't be worried about your gear for pinch harmonics, either you can do them or you can't. it's all technique
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
If you can't make audible pinchies unplugged, work on your technique.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
And don't listen to people telling you that you need to use some lump of metal for a pick, either, I pinch perfectly fine with the hooked end of a super-thin Landstrom Sharkfin.
Quote by LessThanLuke
And don't listen to people telling you that you need to use some lump of metal for a pick, either, I pinch perfectly fine with the hooked end of a super-thin Landstrom Sharkfin.

What the fuck are you talking about?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
What the fuck are you talking about?

He means that the OP should not be swayed by individuals who claim you need thick, hard picks to do pinchies. It might help, but it's not necessary.

Said individuals probably suck at pinchies and need those picks.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Kanthras
He means that the OP should not be swayed by individuals who claim you need thick, hard picks to do pinchies. It might help, but it's not necessary.

Said individuals probably suck at pinchies and need those picks.

Where in this thread did anyone say he needed a thick pick?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Where in this thread did anyone say he needed a thick pick?
Nobody. I think he was future-proofing.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by CECamps
You can do pinch harmonics with any piece of gear. Getting them to sound a particular way depends mainly on technique, but also on the guitar setup.

I would say work on your technique. That's the biggest factor.

This. I can do pinches on an acoustic and have them ring out loudly.

It's all in the technique. As long as you're on the bridge pickup and are using enough gain, you can even get an older, mid-gain amp to scream.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
you don`t even need a pick to do a pinch harmonic you can use your nails.

TS are you using any sort of noise gate, cos that will definately kill the harmonic if your reduction is set to high
you can do alt pinch harmonics with a piece of paper and some tape.
it's great for turning that high e string into a bluejay orgy.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by catscratchfever
+100000000

I can pinch on a bloody acoustic, so gear has nothing to do with it! Keep at it!

If i put thebass up to 10 and mids and treble to nothing i can tell you for a fact that there will be no pinch harmonic coming out of my amp. Your tone has a lot to do with it.
Quote by Zoot Allures
If i put thebass up to 10 and mids and treble to nothing i can tell you for a fact that there will be no pinch harmonic coming out of my amp. Your tone has a lot to do with it.
And if I unplug my guitar, my legato doesn't sound quite as fluid.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

^ Nigel Tufnel sustain-esque quip right there.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Kanthras
And if I unplug my guitar, my legato doesn't sound quite as fluid.

Not the point though, pinch harmonics can be completely killed with certain tone and made very easy with another tone. Every thread like this has people banging on about technique in pinch harmonics too much.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Not the point though, pinch harmonics can be completely killed with certain tone and made very easy with another tone. Every thread like this has people banging on about technique in pinch harmonics too much.
Well, my point was that extreme circumstances can kill any part of your playing. Even with the darkest sludge metal tone, you'll still be able to pull off pinchies if your technique is right.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

My recordings have pinch harmonics. There on a line 6 toneport with pod farm. so yes yes you can and its technique i can get pinch harmonics from slightly overdriven tones lol.
Quote by Zoot Allures

Someone stole 4 strings off my guitar and now I can't play chords. . My technique is great but the strings just aren't there. .
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
Someone stole 4 strings off my guitar and now I can't play chords. . My technique is great but the strings just aren't there. .

At least you can still play the chords that matter: powerchords.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Kanthras
Well, my point was that extreme circumstances can kill any part of your playing. Even with the darkest sludge metal tone, you'll still be able to pull off pinchies if your technique is right.

I find that fuzz is really what makes them hard rather than distortion tbh. Especially splatty types off fuzztones
Or one of the Slipknot guitar parts - you only need one string for that!

It's gotta be tuned to B though! B for br00t4lz!
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT