So I've been looking around for a portable battery powered bass amp. My bands going to be playing in a party scene on a beach for a film and I'm gonna need a battery powered bass amp. Do you know of any for a max of £100 that includes secondhand as well?
'97 Modulus Flea Bass w/ Lane Poor
Warwick Corvette Bubinga

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II
GK 210 RBH
EB Volume Pedal, EHX Black Finger, EHX POG, Malekko B:Assmaster Germanium, EHX Holy Grail, KORG Pitch Black
www.myspace.com/astheends
How long do you need the power to last and how loud do you need to be? I've played outdoors using a cheap combo and one of those car battery charging things you can get in Maplin but it didn't sound very loud and the sound was much worse than plugged into the mains, but if you're desperate you could go down that route.
roland has a portable bass cube that sounds like it would work for what you need it for, It isnt very loud but i think it might work for what you need it for.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Quote by Ultragoose
Mime and layer the sound over it? That's how it's generally done. It wont sound like shit, and it's cheaper too.

This.
The director wants us to actually play, so we cant mime. I was thinking about the roland bass micro cube but i can't afford a new one and I haven't found one second hand yet.
Warwick Corvette Bubinga

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II
GK 210 RBH
EB Volume Pedal, EHX Black Finger, EHX POG, Malekko B:Assmaster Germanium, EHX Holy Grail, KORG Pitch Black
It's going to be called 'Small Town Glory' it's directed by Mary Nighy, Bill Nighy's daughter.
Warwick Corvette Bubinga

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II
GK 210 RBH
Quote by LD1992
It's going to be called 'Small Town Glory' it's directed by Mary Nighy, Bill Nighy's daughter.

Then she should know better than to plan a shoot like that.
have you suggested her the possibility of miming?
Current Gear:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio (Bass)
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive Pedal)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
If she really wants you to play ask for some sort of generator so you guys don't have to worry about batteries. You seriously need a legit power source for any sort of thing like this.

In fact, it would even look better to have better-powered equipment there, a better band image I guess. It would give a better effect with the not miming too, stronger sound quality (though an actual recording via studio would be better than that too.)
Yeah I know, we're supposed to be playing a beach party as like the lead characters mates. We've said to her about miming and equipment etc but she's adamant she wants it acoustic although she's borrowing all our gear as props for this made up band that's also in it. I feel a little used . I'm going to look at a crafter acoustic bass tomorrow morning for £50, which is probably worth the money anyway, even though I hate acoustic basses. If I decide to get it I can always sell it on, maybe for a little profit.
Warwick Corvette Bubinga

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II
GK 210 RBH