a good $200 off? seems very good. and you could most likely sell it back for that much if you kept it in good condition
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Its a good deal, nothing extraordinary. Its a great guitar that most everyone on UG recommends to beginners. Id get it.
Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Schecter 006 Deluxe
BC Rich Revenge Warlock
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
$140.....i dont see how you could go wrong with that
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
I'm getting it for $140.

I wanna know is this a good deal for this guitar? Yes

If I didn't want it anymore, would I be able to resell it for the same price? Yes

What do you guys think of this guitar and what's you opinion on this purchase? It's fine

So pretty much help all over
With a pickup upgrade, definitely.
Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Schecter 006 Deluxe
BC Rich Revenge Warlock
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
It's solid. One of those guitars you'll probably never get rid of, because even when you move on in skill, it'll still be good to have a fixed bridge beater like that.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Have you played on a Wizard II neck before? Do you know if you like the way RG's feel?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I personally love mine. Thin fast neck, fixed bridge. I dropped some SD's in mine and it's rockin'. The stock pups are a little lacking, but yeah, I'd say buy it and upgrade with the money your saving.

As other people said, it is one of those guitars you just don't want to let go of later on.

I'm still trying to decide between a PRS custom 24 and a Carvin custom, I doubt I'll let mine go either way, just for the sentimental.
Quote by Slashestranged
What kind of sds did u put in? What kinda music do u play? Also is this basswood or mahogany?

Neck was a full shred
Bridge was a distortion

I think it's basswood.

It's to light to be mahogany.

Prog as of late.
That one is basswood.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
For those of you who have played both a mahogany eg and a basswood, how much different was the tone? Oh and I can most likely eq out whatever difference there is right?
Quote by Slashestranged
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/msg/1879633412.html

I'm getting it for $140.

I wanna know is this a good deal for this guitar?

If I didn't want it anymore, would I be able to resell it for the same price?

What do you guys think of this guitar and what's you opinion on this purchase?

So pretty much help all over

Does it play well? Do you like it? If you thinks it's worth less than $140, don't get it...
Quote by Slashestranged
For those of you who have played both a mahogany eg and a basswood, how much different was the tone? Oh and I can most likely eq out whatever difference there is right?

I own pretty much every type of guitar there is to own... Fro my experience, basswood sounds okay, but compared to mahogany and alder, it doesn't compare. Also, the type of wood the neck is made from effects the tone. Message me if you want info dude...
solid deal. I actually sold one of lesser quality than this one for more money. The best thing about RG's is they are damn good guitars for the prices you can get them for.

You could probably sell it for more later down the line if you take care of it.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Last edited by handbanana at Aug 7, 2010,
Quote by Slashestranged

Generally, Mahogany has more bass than basswood (lol), but that is just generally speaking. Each piece of wood is different, and in a cheap guitar like that, it might not actually be "Mahogany" or "Basswood" as we know them, but rather something else of the same name.

In any case, guitars are best tried out individually, instead of assuming their tone based on their wood.

I'd say that you're over-worrying about it. It's a good guitar for that price, through and through.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Ok I bought it but I have a question, it is a hh pickup configuration but it has a five way toggle. Why?
Did you get the guitar? and hahaha we both live in Michigan.
My Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 75w
- Epiphone SG G-310(Added Seymour Duncan's)
- Epiphone Black Beauty III
- Ibanez RG200
- Squier Telecaster Retrovibe
- John
Quote by KingDime666
Did you get the guitar? and hahaha we both live in Michigan.

Yeah I got it and Michigan!!!!

It also came with a strap, gigbag and Jim Dunlop strap locks. Pretty good for $140 I think.

On a sidenote I just realized that position two on my toggle is the neck pickup on parallel. What does that mean?
Another +1 for michigan lol
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean