my band is called waves. we only have one song up, but plan to get some more up in the near future. we are a christian band, and our genre is some kind of metal haha. im never good at labeling my own music

www.myspace.com/wavesworship
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by InanezGuitars44 at Aug 6, 2010,
its up now. sorry haha
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Hey! I liked the riffs. The break-y parts were kind of interesting. Not a fan of the recording of course and the singing wasn't too good. I think you guys would sound cool live but the singing still needs work.
well our vocalist has only been attempting vocals for about 3 weeks. he sounds pretty good considering his lack of experience. also, he had to record without anyone playing, and he just isnt used to that kind of environment. so it was pretty weird for him haha

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
well our vocalist has only been attempting vocals for about 3 weeks. he sounds pretty good considering his lack of experience. also, he had to record without anyone playing, and he just isnt used to that kind of environment. so it was pretty weird for him haha

Yeah that sounds tough. Another reason to go to a good studio though.

Anyway, keep at it. There is potential there.
well thanks! and yeah, we recorded it all ourselves. i figure we'll get some shows and a following behind us before we do any good aka expensive recordings haha. want to take a stab at our genre? i always have a hard time describing my own music for some reason.

oh, and i checked out your band. very nice recording. an i really like the riffs and leads. very solid and tight. although im not a big fan of that style of singing, the vocals are definitely good.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
That makes since. But just remember if you pay for a recording, go to a good studio. It will cost $150 - $200 for the song. Split 4 ways, it isn't so bad. As far a genre, I would go with what similar bands are going with. That way its familiar to the target audience.

Thanks for the comment. And best of luck!