Page 1 of 2
Greetings all, a couple months back I told myself i needed to downsize. So i sold my JSX and Mark IV for studio stuff and a Splawn Nitro. All fine and dandy, but do you for who downsizing is for? Its for chumps, and my good people, i was a chump for wanting to downsize from that rig. Now instead of downsizing I did the opposite, UPGRADED THIS SUCKER! What fun little toys did i get since my last NGD in June?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324876&page=1&pp=20

Well this past year has been funsies in the aspect of recording and studio but now comes the amp pr0n

1st up is the baddest ass amp Mesa Boogie makes. The Road King!!!!!(....series II !!!!)

(yes the foot switch is freaking huge)

The RoadKing is hands down the best Mesa amp I've ever owned(owning being, Mark IV, Mark V, Single Recto, Mark IIB). 4 channels of tonal bliss. Channel one is a clean channel that rivals the MarkV. from clean clean to a fender tweed grit. Channel 2 is a "british" voiced clean channel so add another clean mode to the arsenal. Channel 3 is where the amp gets some balls. It goes from a Led Zeppelin Crunch to those wonderful 80's leads and riffs(thrash and Hair Metal). Channel 4 is the br00talz king on this amp. No matter what the level of OD you need, this channel delivers.

This amp easily slays the Mark V imo because all four channels are completely usable for the voicing this amp has, and this amp IMO is the most versatile amp Mesa makes. Each channel has a selectable tube mode( 2x 6L6's,2 x EL34's, 4x 6L6's, 2 x EL34's +4x 6L6's,),which selects wattage from 50,100 and 150watts, plus which rectification mode you want for each channel (Tube or Diode). Choosing the rectification imo is a huge deal maker on this amp. If i want a little loose sounding ill switch it over to tube, but if i want some tight punchy sound the diode mode helps take care of this. Each channel has its own reverb setting(which is footswitchable on and off from the huge RoadKing controller), each channel also has an individual FX loop level or cancel effects loop switch. The big kicker on this amp is each channel can be assigned to one of the two usable speaker cabinets outputs. So for example i can use my C90 cab for the first two channels(open back cab to keep the cleans open) and then assign my 2x12 V30 cab to channel 3 and 4 (closed back tight sounding).

Whats the best news of all for me on this amp? I got it for 1500 USD. Thats right folks 1500 USD. For the price of a used Three Channel Triple Recto i got this puppy in perfect immaculate condition

Next up is one of UG's most popular amp, and MatrixClaw's last amp from his NAD.

There is a reason this amp if one of UG's favorite amps. This thing is effing sweet amp. I scored it for 180 USD off GC used so for 180 bucks its like the best amp ever. This thing sounds so huge and immense for a 20 watter. By itself the amp easily gets into some harder classic rock , Paul gilbert territory. With my Maxon OD with gain at 11 o clock, metal and br00tz are no problem at all. Clean wise the name of the game turns into picking dynamics. But once i get up to University ill have a friend take a look at it and see if he can work this sucker into there
http://acapella-legacy.harmony-central.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=312810&d=1263560793

Not much to say about this amp since so many NADS have been done for it. However it deserves all the praise it gets plus more. Mike did a great job with these, and for the price tag its a deal of an amp

So for 1700 bucks i got two killer amp heads. So win
Group Shot!

/better than MatrixClaw's NAD
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Last edited by mexican_shred at Aug 6, 2010,
I hate to say it but son, I am disappoint.

Just kidding! I kinda want one of those Road Kings now... but eh, I'll live with my single recto.

HNAD!

EDIT: almost forgot, HOW did you manage to get that for so little? And also clipzors... I guess it mostly sounds similar to a recto though.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Last edited by ChrisBW at Aug 6, 2010,
Should have bought a Bugera.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
what do you do with so many amps anyway.
do you even use all of them at the same time.
waste.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Very nice rig

but i thought UG's fave amp was the 5150/6505?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Both amps through GC used. For 2 weeks i snipped and hunted ebay, HC, RIg talk, and GC used for both amps at a killer price. So i snatched them up when i found it. I got a little discount from shipping by using a coupon, and used a GC gift card and coupon to knock off 50 ish bucks off the JCA to get it for 180 shipped

clips maybe soon. My interface is on loan so when i get it back things will come
awesome! hnad man! i'm getting more and more tempted by them jet city's!!
Guitars
Fender USA Strat
Tele c/w Bare Knucks
Amps
Dr Z Remedy
Orange Dual Terror
Epiphone VJ
Orange 1X12 Cab
Pedals
Loads!!
*jizzes*
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"

Is a good thing I've already had a RK, or I might be jealous

HNAD man, glad the JCA finally came, though I still think it's hilarious that yesterday when you were freakin out over UPS not being there, they rang the doorbell at my house
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Wow I'm surprised GC would sell that for that little, even used.

I wish my GC would do awesome deals like that... I would literally have walls of amps though if they did
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by ChrisBW
Wow I'm surprised GC would sell that for that little, even used.

I wish my GC would do awesome deals like that... I would literally have walls of amps though if they did

He bought them off the used site and had them shipped to him
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by AcousticMirror
what do you do with so many amps anyway.
do you even use all of them at the same time.
waste.

AB BOX BIZZZZZCH!

The Jet City is a perfect little amp for apartment. even at low volumes this thing slays small children

Edit: I did some good old fashion tube swapping to the Road King. Replaced the cheapo chinese ones in the pre amp to the spare JJ's i had, and replaced the busted el34's to spare ones i had lying around. Result? Win on all channels. Channel 3 is the most changed since it was the only channel i used el34's. Tight Leads for any level of OD, check Not as tight as Channel III on mark IV or Splawn but tight enough.
Last edited by mexican_shred at Aug 6, 2010,
upsizing is for people with little.....

ability to avoid GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Should have bought a Bugera.

+1

what the the hell is a MESA anyway?lol why do you have so many cheap amplifiers?I have two trainwrecks.four soldanos, and aline 6 spider IV

currently thinking of buying tags dumble...

Im that jealous

HNAD

Its the Amp that as surpirsed me the most of all the amps I have had

i've had a lonestar gas for a couple of years now but the Road King has solved that little problem. All thats left is my 5150 and cab gas
Congrats man!

I'm jealous for sure. The Jet City will probably be my next amp...and I've always wanted a Roadking...and well a Splawn is just a Splawn

HNADs!
Quote by Carrot
Very nice rig

but i thought UG's fave amp was the 5150/6505?

I think UG moved on from 5150/6505's once these bad boys came out, haha.

TS: HNAD! Both amps make me jealous.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
I still want a 5150 lol. They are great studio workhorses and a great amp for what they are
Lucky you man! GC's used center really does have some great deals.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Damn, that's badass. HNAD indeed!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by AcousticMirror
psh. buy a slo.

This. I'm sure Bugera will clone one soon.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
This. I'm sure Bugera will clone one soon.

well they kinda did with the 6260.

i mean a clone of a clone is a clone of a clone right?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The original 5150 cant be beat. The 5150II and the bugera clones can't hold a candle to how raw the 5150's do
Quote by gregs1020

No u.

I can honestly im super happy with this amp rig now. Nothing is left wanting
Quote by MortifiedLizard
I think UG moved on from 5150/6505's once these bad boys came out, haha.

TS: HNAD! Both amps make me jealous.

Referring to amps as bad boys is illegal.
TONE KINGs fault!

anyways. Happy new amps day. I am extremely jealous.
Quote by gregs1020

They're not really 'clones' when they're modified (both the 5150 and 6260) More like 'inspired'.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by mexican_shred
I can honestly im super happy with this amp rig now. Nothing is left wanting

Famous last words.

Who wants to start a line on this? Anybody? Taking all bets!

Im not done buying! I needs some cabs. and a Tele. And a strat

ERm what i mean is, none of these amps will be sold to fund something else. Next and last amp purchase will be a 5150 in two or so years. After that its 4 years of hard knocks in med school and internship. Then i can buy all the amps on UG : P
^ Andrew was telling me about US medical school. Your tuition is hilariously expensive.

Ours only runs about $15000/year for all Canadian residents, $24000 for international.

Happy new amp day, man.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
In texas its rather cheap. 7000 for tuition each semester. Unlike andrew im not aiming for a private school. So its about the same in Texas as it is in Canada. Just some added living cost of apartment and food

Now there could be NADS every months in two years for four years if i decide to get the Navy, Air Force or Army to fund my school. They pay everything plus give a monthly stipend of 2400 usd
Page 1 of 2