I am taking acoustic guitar lessons soon.. but I don't have a strap for it, i own an electric guitar and i have a strap for it... can i use the electric guitar strap for the acoustic guitar?
Last edited by Razorback64 at Aug 7, 2010,
Yeah they're exactly the same, but if your acoustic only has the one strap pin on the bottom, then you put a piece of lace or string around the head of the guitar (between the strings, the nut and the head) and through the hole in the other end of the strap.
They're the same. IN fact... I don't think there are "acoustic or electric" straps, I only heard about "guitar" straps.
this guy be trollin
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I think hes just a newbie to forums. Razorback, Could you please put all your questions in one thread the next time you have multiple questions? Its common courtesy in forums to do that.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by I am wet
this guy be trollin

either trolling... or very very stupid.. or both.

^I don't think anyone could seriously be asking what the difference between an electric guitar strap and an acoustic guitar strap, AND the difference between a guitar and a bass guitar, worded completely the same, except different comparisons, with the username "razorback".. without being a spammer...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 6, 2010,
Quote by Blompcube

^I don't think anyone could seriously be asking what the difference between an electric guitar strap and an acoustic guitar strap, AND the difference between a guitar and a bass guitar, worded completely the same, except different comparisons, with the username "razorback".. without being a spammer...

MY SIGNATURE BE TRUE!
Quote by Blompcube

this
Depends on what somebody would want to use the guitar for. I would seriously advise DiMarzio clip lock straps if somebody was trying to throw the guitar around him/herself and more active stuff like that... there really isn't a difference other than that.

And I'm pretty sure nobody would put a strap lock on an acoustic unless it was like, several thousand dollars