Hi everyone, I just got a sweet deal on a PRS SE Singlecut on craigslist. So far the guitar is awesome except that it has be modified with EMG active pickups. I'm not a big fan of actives so I was thinking of either replacing them back with the stock or upgrading them. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion on replacement pickups, and some info on how to rewire the guitar back to a passive system. I have taken a look at guitar fetish and I could buy all of the pieces and doing the job myself for a LOT cheaper than taking it to a technician. Thanks for all the help!
well, if you want a suggestion for pickups, we need to know what kind of sound you want. then head over to the 'choosing a pickup' thread at the top of GB&C..

as for converting back to passive, it's the exact same as rewiring a guitar

just buy all the new components you need and wire it up according to how a proper diagram
Have you tried the pickup that originally came with it? Maybe you can start there and possibly get an after market to compare.
Quote by vm5387
Hi everyone, I just got a sweet deal on a PRS SE Singlecut on craigslist. So far the guitar is awesome except that it has be modified with EMG active pickups. I'm not a big fan of actives so I was thinking of either replacing them back with the stock or upgrading them. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion on replacement pickups, and some info on how to rewire the guitar back to a passive system. I have taken a look at guitar fetish and I could buy all of the pieces and doing the job myself for a LOT cheaper than taking it to a technician. Thanks for all the help!
GFS pickups are alright, but imho a PRS is worthy of better.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
GFS pickups are alright, but imho a PRS is worthy of better.

Exactly this, and you could get better with the money you could sell the EMGs for
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

I think for the time being I will replace the EMGs with the stock pickups and later get some Seymour Duncan P rails. I am thinking of buying the components from guitar fetish, but I am having trouble reading the schematic. I find it a bit confusing . Could some one please help me understand it. Here is the link : http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html/view_online.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prsguitars.com%2Fcsc%2Fschematics%2Fschem08%2Fcustom3waytoggle.pdf
Thanks!!!
P.S. What is the little circle with the 180 pfd represent?