I am considering buying a line 6 Spider IV. It is not a done deal yet because I still want to try one. I am considering anywhere from the 75 watt to the stack. But I want to know if I can hook up my Heil Talkbox to the combos? I know I can hook it up to the stack, but I didn't know if I could do it on a combo because I have not seen the back of one of these.

I also have another question. I know Spider III's have a pretty bad reputation for sounding digital, but do the Spider IV's sound better than the III's? Or do the MK II's sound better than the III's because they have tubes?

Thanks In advance.
The Spider IV is still a huge fail of an amp and buying the large versions makes them even more fail. The Spider Valves are okay but if you don't need the versatility you can do much better. And for the Heil, you can hook it up to any amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Well I don't have a lot of money and I can't buy the EVH 5150 III I want because I am 16 and can't get a job where I live. So it seemed like a good economy amp. My current Rig is a Zoom G2.1U and a Epiphone Valve Junior. So I thought it may be an upgrade.

I wasn't sure about the talkbox because I had a small starter amp which couldn't have a talkbox connected, so I had to buy the Valve Junior. So I guess I made an assumption that you need a stack to work a talkbox.
What's your budget and what are some bands whose tone you like?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Well now I only have $380. But If I replace my amp and pedal I could probably sell them to get more money. I understand that this really limits the choices I have. The tones I like are Van Halen, Randy Rhoads-era Ozzy, Motley Crue, Dream Theater, and Steel Panther
I know there are more amps, but I haven't goten a chance to really try a large variety of amps at the Sam Ash near me because I don't get to go a lot and because there are usually ten people trying the nice amps with the same Drop D chugging riff for an hour.
I never see a jet city amp near me, are they good? The stores near me usually have Spiders, Vypyrs, Marshall MG, 6505's, JSX, and a couple of expensive Marshalls. So it is either modeling or expensive.
I guess my concern was if I could hook up my talkbox to the combos, and if anyone thought the Spider IV's or MK II'S are better than the III's.
A Jet City JCA20 if you want an amp now or a JCA50 if you can save up a bit longer would be perfect for those bands, other than Dream Theater. But it'll still do a decent DT tone. Leaps and bounds better than the Spider series.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT