There's a little bit of a catch, as the new recording is only available on a battle of the band's competition page (we're trying to encourage fans to vote while they check out our new singer). So, seeing as you'll already be on said page to hear song, would you guys mind voting for us at the bottom as well? You can vote once per day, but I'm not going to bother you guys with it everyday; I'm grateful for one.

The band is called These Dying Days and the song is "The Sleep of Reason"

http://www.scenesc.com/next-big-thing/

that is the site, its pretty self explanatory. And as always, thread is crit for crit.
Hey dude,
Sounds cool. Some good riffs in throughout the song. Recording seems well mixed and polished. As for crit's, two things stood out to me. First, the structure. The song flows well, however I feel like it goes basically for the cookie-cutter breakdown-fast riff-breakdown-fast riff. ect. structure. Some bands are all about the breakdowns, I'm more of a prog-metal fan myself, so it could just be my personal tastes, but if you really want to stand out from the crowd, I'd look into changing things up in that aspect. Also, the length in conjucture with the structure made me feel like I was listening to one big breakdown throughout. IMO, I'd work with less break-style riffs, which will make the ones you keep sound even better, and hit harder. IMO breakdown heavy bands always sound bland to me because no matter how heavy a breadown riff is, it just seems to get lost in the jumble of other breakdown.

Overall, very good stuff guys. Best of luck in the contest!
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.