Page 1 of 2
So i was talking to one of my friends about what to do tonight, and i asked if he wanted to smoke some weed. he said he would but he is unsure if he can because he is having surgery on tuesday. can anyone tell me if it would be okay? i would think it would be since marijuana really isn't bad for you at all and is even a medicine for certain things
thanks
Quote by Erik_Aero
I don't see any harm in it, but ask the drug thread.

i have no idea why i didn't do that in the first place
As long as it isn't the day of, or day before, the surgery, then you *should* be safe.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Depends on what he is getting surgery on/for, but generally, with the surgery date on Tuesday, and today being Friday, I think he would be alright if he smoked some.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by L2112Lif
They won't do the surgery. You're not supposed to ingest anything 12 hours beforehand except for small amounts of food and water...

its on tuesday, which is 4 days from today
I've heard that marijuana cancels out antibiotics, if you're going to be under anesthesia I don't know if it's a smart thing to do... just play it safe. Smoke another day.
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

if we were to smoke, would all the weed be out of his system by tuesday if he drank a good amount of water tomorrow and sunday?
I don't see how it can hurt any.
There's danger on the edge of town,
Ride the king's highway baby

I wouldn't do it if I were him. You don't really want to wake up during surgery or anything. (disclaimer: I have no idea if this would happen, seeing as I'm not a doctor/surgeon/Google)
GEAR:
Ibanez SR605
Some 71' P-Bass
Orange Bass Terror 500 > Markbass 4x10
Quote by echoes_
if we were to smoke, would all the weed be out of his system by tuesday if he drank a good amount of water tomorrow and sunday?

If he's never done it before, yes. And he must also sweat a lot because the THC is stored in your fat not your kidneys so drinking water won't help that much. On topic though, he'll be fine if it's on Tuesday.
Smart Pothead and Proud
Quote by 36mikeyb36
If he's never done it before, yes. And he must also sweat a lot because the THC is stored in your fat not your kidneys so drinking water won't help that much. On topic though, he'll be fine if it's on Tuesday.

he's done it before, just semi-rarely. he did a couple weeks ago and before that it was like back in october he did a few times
Quote by echoes_

Not even close buddy.
Quote by ExOblivione
Its not worth it. Use the brain cells you've preserved and just wait.

i like that you wrote that
Doesn't pot take like 3 WEEKS to get out of your system?
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

No way man. Weed stays in your system for well over a week. 4 days isn't nearly long enough.
Quote by Rocker007
Blackrat has won this thread. That is an awsome post.

This was posted right after I posted said post in a completely different thread... Whups.

"There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't."
Quote by echoes_

Depends on quite a few variables. Does he smoke regularly? If so, how heavily? How fat is he? (inactive THC is stored in fat cells) How much exercise does he normally get?

Generally speaking, if he has been smoking everyday (or nearly everyday) for an extended period of time, no, he wont be clean, regardless of whether or not he smokes tonight. If he is an occasional smoker, ya, he *should* be able to flood himself out by Tuesday.

DoomdEdit: With the info gathered from recent posts, yes, he should be fine, as long as he makes sure to drink copious amounts of water, and if possible exercise. Which probably isnt possible, given that its knee surgery.
Quote by Butt Rayge

Last edited by doomded at Aug 6, 2010,
Pot stays in your fat. That is all. You aren't high for 3 weeks... unfortunately.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
really? ive heard before of people getting weed out of their system in like 2-3 days. but anyways... has anyone ever had a similar experience?
Yes it will be perfectly fine for him to smoke weed. There shouldn't be an issue even if the THC was still in his system (which it probly won't be)
Quote by doomded
Depends on quite a few variables. Does he smoke regularly? If so, how heavily? How fat is he? (inactive THC is stored in fat cells) How much exercise does he normally get?

Generally speaking, if he has been smoking everyday (or nearly everyday) for an extended period of time, no, he wont be clean, regardless of whether or not he smokes tonight. If he is an occasional smoker, ya, he *should* be able to flood himself out by Tuesday.

he smokes rarely.. he hasn't in a couple weeks. he doesn't have much fat since hes on varsity basketball, but since he's on crutches, he can't really get a lot of exercise
It's knee surgery... they aren't testing for drugs and they won't be touching anything to do with his lungs/throat/etc. He's fine. We also answered this in the DT already.
Quote by echoes_
really? ive heard before of people getting weed out of their system in like 2-3 days. but anyways... has anyone ever had a similar experience?

If you smoke regularly, frequently, or heavily it will take some time to get clean.

If you don't usually smoke, it will clear out faster since there is less to clear out.

Your friend should be fine. Period. Smoking before bed might mess with your brain rhythms, though, and give you less effective sleep. So I wouldn't smoke the day of, just cause I wouldn't want to risk waking up with a knife in my knee.
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
If you smoke regularly, frequently, or heavily it will take some time to get clean.

If you don't usually smoke, it will clear out faster since there is less to clear out.

Your friend should be fine. Period. Smoking before bed might mess with your brain rhythms, though, and give you less effective sleep. So I wouldn't smoke the day of, just cause I wouldn't want to risk waking up with a knife in my knee.

Then you better pay me the money you owe me, you son of a bitch!
Quote by echoes_
he smokes rarely.. he hasn't in a couple weeks. he doesn't have much fat since hes on varsity basketball, but since he's on crutches, he can't really get a lot of exercise

Just make sure he drinks lots of water (like a gallon+ a day) and he will be fine.
Quote by Butt Rayge

Quote by doomded
Just make sure he drinks lots of water (like a gallon+ a day) and he will be fine.

Water doesn't clear THC metabolites out of your system, the only thing it can do for you is help to dissolve fat while exercising regularly and dilute your urine the day of a test.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
Then you better pay me the money you owe me, you son of a bitch!

Quote by damian_91
Quote by Zombee
Quote by damian_91
I have had 9 or 10 surgeries and was high as a kite when I went in for them and my doctor was fine with it. I couldn't imagine going under the knife without it.
Page 1 of 2