So i've been improvising solos for a few months and i find that the more i play over the same backing track/chord prog that my solo tends to be the same, should this be happening? Also i usually fall into following the scales like alot.
Quote by dil543212345
So i've been improvising solos for a few months and i find that the more i play over the same backing track/chord prog that my solo tends to be the same, should this be happening? Also i usually fall into following the scales like alot.

This is common. I asked the same on this forum and was told so at least :P

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
Quote by Fenderboy17
learn more scales and learn learn the chords Circe of 4ths and learn what makes a scales

5ths
Sounds like you are "falling into a rut." If you do the same things over and over again, then that is what usually happens. I suggest you turn off the backing track, listen to something totally different and come up with something totally original. Then, try to incorporate this "new and original piece" into the old piece. This is not easy. Sometimes, the result is not good, so you have to be willing to work at it until it fits properly.

Just a suggestion.

ron666
Quote by ibanezgod1973
5ths

They're both right , its usually referred to as 5th's though.
And TS, that is common, play over different backing tracks, and in different keys and tempos
Quote by ron666
Sounds like you are "falling into a rut." If you do the same things over and over again, then that is what usually happens. I suggest you turn off the backing track, listen to something totally different and come up with something totally original. Then, try to incorporate this "new and original piece" into the old piece. This is not easy. Sometimes, the result is not good, so you have to be willing to work at it until it fits properly.

Just a suggestion.

ron666

Ya i actually started doing that recently like if i'm just messing around and i hear something i like and stuff like that
Quote by dil543212345
Also i usually fall into following the scales like alot.

So did Hendrix. Nobody seems to complain much.

Anyway, go out and feed your head. Point last.fm at a different person you’ve never listened to every day and just let the new songs stream in. Do that every single day and start letting it into your own music.