Not bad man..I like rain city motions...was that electronic drums that was being played
Quote by dvanwyk
Not bad man..I like rain city motions...was that electronic drums that was being played

Haha thanks man, I think it's a cool name as well.

Nope, all EZdrummer. I can't play drums well enough to play along to this
For Hostage you have almost no low end. Sure, there's no bass but the guitars should definitely fill the lower registers a bit more. I'd also suggest you have a bit too much distorsion on both guitars for the most parts. When you play chords all the upper mids kind of flow together and make it hard to discern pitch.

Sanity has too much machine gun drums. It was pretty bad for Hostage but here it's just ridiculous. You need to spend more time on your programming. Make use of velocity variation and the alternate right/left strikes for snare and the double kick in EZ Drummer (since it's so obviously the DKFH expansion you're running). Same thing with the distorsion on this one. The right guitar at 1:23 is just a mass of midrange noise to the point where it gets a bit hard to hear when you actually change chords. This is also where the mix breaks down and the lead comes way too far forward in the mix. Some nice reverb and a slight delay would help push it back a little so that it doesn't feel as if it's floating on top of the rest.

Weird how all you stuff so far has ended up being 2:50 long...
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Quote by ebon00
For Hostage you have almost no low end. Sure, there's no bass but the guitars should definitely fill the lower registers a bit more. I'd also suggest you have a bit too much distorsion on both guitars for the most parts. When you play chords all the upper mids kind of flow together and make it hard to discern pitch.

Sanity has too much machine gun drums. It was pretty bad for Hostage but here it's just ridiculous. You need to spend more time on your programming. Make use of velocity variation and the alternate right/left strikes for snare and the double kick in EZ Drummer (since it's so obviously the DKFH expansion you're running). Same thing with the distorsion on this one. The right guitar at 1:23 is just a mass of midrange noise to the point where it gets a bit hard to hear when you actually change chords. This is also where the mix breaks down and the lead comes way too far forward in the mix. Some nice reverb and a slight delay would help push it back a little so that it doesn't feel as if it's floating on top of the rest.

Weirdly enough, my gain for both patches is at about 4. I guess my guitar just distorts itself :P

I know it's definitely not the greatest mix in the world, and it isn't meant to be, it's more just showcasing the song, as I'm obviously no studio engineer and I'm not really trying to be.

I just realized that. Weird.
Last edited by metul kult at Aug 7, 2010,
I'm not normally a fan of metal, but I'm digging Sanity. It could really use some EQ work (mainly some bass boost) and, though this is just personal opinion, I can't stand the beat blasts. A lot of the riffs are pretty catchy though and apart from the sudden transition from the intro to the meat of the song, everything seems to flow rather well.

Again, Hostage needs more EQ work. Guitars too loud and no low end. Compositionally sound though. Just give it that extra EQ work to really make it umph and blow people out away I really dig the breakdown part you have at 1:13 and the transfer in to 1:48. Good job

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1346106
Rain City Motions was pretty cool. The mixing was a tad rough around the edges but still good. Youtube + my tiny shity speakers can make better mixes sound kinda meh, lol. The harmonizing lead guitar was pretty well mapped out, maybe just a little trebley. The arangement was pretty cool too, though that sudden switch near the begining of the song threw me off some. The song was pretty good as a whole. I can't really call any one part of it was mediocre, especially compared to a lot of the original recordings on UG but I can't specify any one thing to be excellent either. I'd say a solid 7.5/10 for UG material when taken in as a whole. Good work

Hostage definately is made out of the same type of material as the first song but I like where this one goes more. It suits your style much better. I could imagine some very nice clean vocal passages over the clean guitar part. Unfortunately the song ends a little too soon. Needs another minute + of material to really blossum. That clean part NEEDS to be a chorus. So bring it back at least once more. Again, the mixing could be better I guess. Song arrangement is quite good. I'll give it an above average 8/10. Well done.

Here's mine

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1341315

I'm pretty proud of it, it's Heavy Metal (I hate genrenizing) so I hope you enjoy. Cheers
Last edited by bdof at Aug 7, 2010,
Quote by metul kult
Weirdly enough, my gain for both patches is at about 4. I guess my guitar just distorts itself :P

Active pickups perhaps?
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News