Hi, Im not sure if this is the right thread but Im gonna ask anyway. I am using a peavey vypyr 30W and an Ibanez RG321mh. Ive been miserably trying to achieve the awesome clean tone from One - Metallica. Since im using a Vypyr I cant expect to get the exact tone, but theres definitely enough options on it to get a close tone. The closest Ive gotten to the tone is by using the marshall Plexi model, low bass, medium low mids, and high treble(i think). Ive also gotten something similar using light flanger effect. But I have failed to et the awesome industrial and snappy sound.

So if someone can just point out(if they know) the level of bass, mids, and trble I should use, it would be really helpful. And if you know about the Vypyr 30 can you point out the best models and effects.

Also, I am broke and there is no way I can afford a mesa boogie or any other tube amp...

THX

*also Ive tried the vypyr threads and that geronigroove massive vypyr bank forum, but havent found anything good the or on any other non-vypyr related forum... this was my last resort
Last edited by bustapr at Aug 6, 2010,
just use any clean that sounds good with some reverb

and i dont think settings threads are allowed
no.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Inb4clothes.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Use chorus instead of flanger, and just keep messing with it.

Also use new strings.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Whats the deal? its one of the easiest tones to replicate.
you're kidding right?
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209