I'll be moving to the dorms at UCSB pretty soon and I'm not sure if I should take my Gibson or not.

Would it be better to buy a guitar that isn't as valuable and take that?
Or should I just take my Les Paul to college?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Line 6 DL4
Currently ampless. :[
I don't see why it wouldnt be safe if you look after it.
If you really don't trust yourself you could always get an agile or something
take your crappy gibson, but like the person above said, get it insured. That way if someone steals it you can get a real guitar
Quote by jsspang
take your crappy gibson, but like the person above said, get it insured. That way if someone steals it you can get a real guitar

Dumbass.

Anywho TS, I'd only be wary if you're neglectful of your things or if they don't have a good security system. I;m planning on taking my Edwards to university with me next year.
Dude, go acoustic and buy a Big Baby Taylor. It's an amazing guitar for the price

Plus, college gals dig a guy with an acoustic guitar
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Sorry for the double post.

Having an acoustic is also a good way to make money. Play any local shops, or just play outside for tips from people passing by
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Quote by LoudLove5150
Sorry for the double post.

Having an acoustic is also a good way to make money. Play any local shops, or just play outside for tips from people passing by

look where this thread is

ELECTRIC GUITAR

now to answer your question, im sure your lp would be fine but if your worried its going to get damaged just make sure its in its case while you arent playing it and hide it while your not in your dorm and im sure it would be fine.
Last edited by rickyj at Aug 6, 2010,
sorry for the double post

Quote by LoudLove5150
Dude, go acoustic and buy a Big Baby Taylor. It's an amazing guitar for the price

Plus, college gals dig a guy with an acoustic guitar

you realize that everyone knows all guys that sit outside theyr school with an acoustic guitar is automatically a douche bag?
i would try to get some cash and find a decent playing used guitar in a shop or a pawn shop somewhere. even people who don't know anything about guitars know about gibson. anything with a recognizable name on the headstock is more likely to be stolen, plus you'd be upset if it got damaged because it was in a tiny dorm room and got knocked around or something!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip