Thinking about ordering this tomorrow, so was wondering if anyone could give their view/opinion the guitar! How is the quality of hardware/pickups etc and how is it for Heavy Rock/Metal music? Thanks!

Im not really familiar with this particular but you can go wrong with an Esp LTD. I have one and I absolutly love it. Mine has the same pickups so i know it'll sound great. As long as you have the patience to deal with a floyd rose this will be a grade A++ guitar
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
It's a great all round guitar. The pickups are EMGs, so it's more metal-oriented. But it should be able to handle mid to hi gain rock.

You may feel it lacks a bit when you try to play the clean parts to some maiden songs though.

Also the floyd rose special (I think that's what's on it.) is a decent trem, better than most LFRs but not the best. It should last you some time before you ever have to really worry about it.

The LTD 400 series are excellent guitars for the money.
Those are pretty nice guitars. I almost bought one of those but i ended up going with a 24 fret ltd. It is a pretty great guitar though (from the impressions i got from playing it at least), I think you'll be very happy with it
Not to conflict with your decision but matbe check out an Esp LTD mh-250, its the same but with a different body, slightly different pickups (just as good though), and more frets. Its also cheaper. Only if you dont really have your heart set on this kind of body
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
If he's willing to pay for a 400 series you should recommend the MH-401 or the H-401 since it would be equal in quality, but with a hardtail, passive pups and 24 frets. Going down in quality doesn't make sense when you can afford better.
Quote by 100%
As long as you have the patience to deal with a floyd rose this will be a grade A++ guitar

Quote by siverstorm
Also the floyd rose special (I think that's what's on it.) is a decent trem, better than most LFRs but not the best. It should last you some time before you ever have to really worry about it.

I'm not familiar with the Floyd Rose, so what is it exactly that I need to have the patience for or worry about?

Quote by 100%
Not to conflict with your decision but matbe check out an Esp LTD mh-250, its the same but with a different body, slightly different pickups (just as good though), and more frets. Its also cheaper. Only if you dont really have your heart set on this kind of body

That is a nice looking guitar!! But I've had my eyes set on the explorer type body for a while!
Last edited by jambomarc at Aug 6, 2010,
don't go down to any model # below 400 unless you absolutely have to. Floyd rose bridges can be a pain since you have to reset your bridge every time you want to change tunings, so expect a 15-20 minute time frame to accurately change tunings. Changing strings also takes significantly longer.

If your not going to use the floyd that much, i'd recommend not getting one with a floyd. I can honestly say the MH guitars (400+) are great as well and any guitar esp ltd that is 400 or above is going to be a quality instrument. So if you really don't want to deal with all of the extra pains of a floyd, get a ex model with a fixed bridge.
Quote by jambomarc
I'm not familiar with the Floyd Rose, so what is it exactly that I need to have the patience for or worry about?

Dude if you need to ask this I suggest you steer clear of any guitar with one.

They make changing tunings much much more complicated. Not to mention restringing in general is a pain.

It's a double locking trem. If you're not familiar with them i'd suggest you get one of these instead:

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_fx-ltd.html

(The EX-360)
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_ex-ltd.html

A TOM bridge will be much better for you especially if you like to change tunings often.
Cheers for the info! I've ordered it today! Tuning wont be much of a problem as I have my epiphone les paul which I will use for different tuning!