Could someone tell me someway to fix my Deltalab DD1 Digital Delay. Whenever I try to use it it just makes some loud popping-like noises. I know its not the battery, guitar, or amp because I've tried different ones for all of those so any help?
Unless you have some sort of electronics experience then it's probably best to take it to an expert. Anyhow, still we might be able to help a bit.

Does it make the popping noises regardless of the pedal being on or off? Is it still making its usual sound as well as the popping noises?
Hmm, it could be anything like the switch, the input jack, a faulty capacitor. Best to take it to someone who does electronics.
Yeah it could be a lot of thing. And it's digital, so there's probably a lot of stuff in there. You might be better off buying a new one, unless you know someone who can fix it for free.

Paying someone to fix it will probably cost you too much. The schematic is probably impossible to find, and since it's digital it could take hours and hours to fix. The price for pedals isn't that high, so it's not really worth it to get it fixed, unless it's a big brand, with an easily obtainable schematic.

Try opening it up and looking for anything suspicious. Before you start touching the board, touch a big metal object(conductive). Some components in there can be damaged with static electricity.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

I was gonna say maybe something overheated and shorcircuited inside, happened to my boss Distortion pedal believe it or not
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Eh, I guess I'll just probably buy a new delay pedal. I definitely won't be buying a deltalab again..
On a side note though I did hook it up to a Boss charger thing where you plug it in so you don't need any batteries and the loud popping stopped, but I get a lot of I dunno feedback for a lack of a better word. All I know is that it makes a bunch of noise during the delays now. At least its useable but I'm still gonna buy a new one.
Quote by Joshua1207
Eh, I guess I'll just probably buy a new delay pedal. I definitely won't be buying a deltalab again..
On a side note though I did hook it up to a Boss charger thing where you plug it in so you don't need any batteries and the loud popping stopped, but I get a lot of I dunno feedback for a lack of a better word. All I know is that it makes a bunch of noise during the delays now. At least its useable but I'm still gonna buy a new one.

The power supply is probably crap, or it's noise coming from the source(outlet, powerbar, etc). Try putting it into another outlet, and moving the pedal(specially wire) away from other devices.

I hate Boss and their stupid reversed polarity adapters. In usual stuff, the ground wire is surrounding the signal wire. The reason is a wire acts like an antenna, it picks up radio frequencies, etc. When the RF reaches the wire, it hits the ground, which basicly kills it, giving you no noise. But Boss decided to do it the other way around. RF would hit the wire, and mix with your signal, which will result in noise. That might not be your problem issue, but the reverse polarity thing is just plain old stupid.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by Joshua1207

Maybe it short-circuited, cause that is EXACTLY what happend to my Boss pedal, when i plugged it into a 9 volt by itself, it ould be extremely noisy but would work, but when i tryed to use it with other pedals it made a squeaky popping sound then shut off...

All i am saying is get a Visual Sounds h20
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Yes i am

Gear:
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by Guitarplaya27
Maybe it short-circuited, cause that is EXACTLY what happend to my Boss pedal, when i plugged it into a 9 volt by itself, it ould be extremely noisy but would work, but when i tryed to use it with other pedals it made a squeaky popping sound then shut off...

All i am saying is get a Visual Sounds h20

Pretty lame. At least I didn't spend too much on it.

And about the visual sounds, yeah no I already know what delay I'll get to replace my deltalab: http://www.guitarcenter.com/MXR-M169-Carbon-Copy-Analog-Delay-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-104824743-i1393960.gc
Quote by Joshua1207
Pretty lame. At least I didn't spend too much on it.

And about the visual sounds, yeah no I already know what delay I'll get to replace my deltalab: http://www.guitarcenter.com/MXR-M169-Carbon-Copy-Analog-Delay-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-104824743-i1393960.gc

As soon as i saw MXR in the link i knew you were making a good choice, the simplicity they use is amazing
Well good luck with it!
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Yes i am

Gear:
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by Guitarplaya27
I was gonna say maybe something overheated and shorcircuited inside, happened to my boss Distortion pedal believe it or not

Overheating, I very highly doubt it. Effects/pre-amps in general don't use a lot of current or voltage, usually up to 15v, and the order of mA. Not impossible tho.

I also doubt it's a short. His pedal still makes sound. A short would probably have a bigger effect.

If I'd have to choose, I'd say it's a faulty capacitor. Get a new pedal.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.