http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQO2S5VwFUk

I'd appreciate it if some of the more experienced people in R&R would give this a listen and tell me what they think of the mix. and if there are any ways to make this sound a bit more "airy"

edit: feel free to drop a line or two on youtube =]
Agile ps 900
Washburn Wi
Rogue bass

all running through podfarm platinum XD
I'm listening right now. Overall it sounds VERY good dude. I would make the guitars a little more prominent, but considering the style it could pass.

Great mix brother. 5/5
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Sounds pretty good dude. Nice work.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
The kick has WAY too much bass.

Just decrease the low-end for the drums, and slightly raise the bass on everything else, then it will be great.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I see what you mean, it's pleasing to listen to but there's not much of a sense of space.

I don't know much about this whole thing, but I'd suggest adding a bit more presence to the guitars, maybe some very subtle reverb, and maybe try recording four guitar tracks with less distortion, rather than two with a lot of it. You'll get just as much thickness, but with less excess fuzz.

EDIT: And something weird is going on with the drums. I don't know if it's the sampler, or maybe you're compressing the shit out of them, but if it's the latter I'd suggest doing it a bit less.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 10, 2010,
i would make the kick a bit punchier and less rumbly. that and maybe work on the balance between the bass and guitars some. maybe even tighten up the bass track a bit too.

sounds good though man. well done.
overall it sounds pretty good, I agree with the advice others have given, but I would also say make the bass a little tighter because at the parts where it chugs it gets a little farty sounding.
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it =]

Now for the low rumbles, You mean the bass guitar, or the kick?
Agile ps 900
Washburn Wi
Rogue bass

all running through podfarm platinum XD